Blood

Started by Alnir, July 11, 2005, 12:41:16 PM

I'd like to say that the blood factor in this game is going up. Today, while hunting, my prey spattered blood on me as it died. I personally /loved/ it, because it gave me a better sense of realism, and I could roleplay accordingly. Excellent work, Imms. :3

Certain animals have been doing this for a while, but yes, it is nice.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Hah, screw realism, I remember the old blood-code, it used to be in for everyone, and then they took it out, and now (or used to?) they randomly add it to troublesome players who did nothing but fight all the time and get low on hp. Holy shit talk about going from loving realism to hating it.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "RunningMountain"and now (or used to?) they randomly add it to troublesome players who did nothing but fight all the time and get low on hp.
Huh?
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Quote from: "amoeba"Huh?
Krrx's blood loss code.  I got it on one of my PCs back when I was first playing.  If you got below a certain health level you'd start getting blood loss every few minutes which would lower your health even more.

I have respect for Krrx but at the time I was pretty new and the applying of the blood loss code to my PC wasn't followed up with an explanation as to why it was done so I never put two and two together.

In my personal opinion, they should implement Krrx's blood-loss code in the entire MUD. Realism that would further enhance ArmageddonMUD would be provided by this coding, and be just another element this MUD has over its competitors. Let alone, this would add the gritty environment I see so many longing for on this forum, which seems to be of top priority on the playerbase.

:arrow: A feature many MUDs, mostly hack-n-slash, only tend to carry on their coding enhancing both realism, and the capabilities of ArmageddonMUD.
                     :arrow: Offering the more gritty appeal wanted for by the common populace of ArmageddonMUD's player-base. An exciting change complete with new boundaries to test, and more adrenaline filled scenarios possible.
                    :arrow: From an IT related individual, this coding should be relatively easy to modify and integrate into ArmageddonMUD's source code, possibly making it interesting for the individual(s) coding it.

- Demonaire-

it would make the bandage skill somewhat more useful....
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Please, no.  Playability > Realism.

If you really think having the blood loss code kick in after a freak bout of lag when a bahamet charged you and having your character die as a result is cool....  Well, your and my definitions of harsh are different.

I'm playing my first outdoorsy character in almost two years and the changes to the desert, weather, increased water needs, that is the sort of harsh I really appreciate it.  Harsh shouldn't mean 'die more often'.

It seems the topics changed from Alnir's original attempt at praise...:)

But I for one, am all for harshness, I've never experienced the bloodloss code. And I feel guilty whenevern I just 'sleep off' my coded injuires. I often try to play out bad wounds, and it helps a ton when there are witnesses.

The best injury I ever had would be a silt horror. And when I was trying to just emote being wounded, fecked up, a buddy found me. And then that helped to reinforce the injury roleplay. Something I'll remmeber, we had fun with it.

But...that once you heal up, you heal up so easily codedly. Its...too easy. And I've seen other players do it too, but I also do it at times I can admit. Afterall....even if I'm -trying- to RP an injury...I'll still fight at Max...if my hp healed up. Well...that is slightly unreleated to blood loss.

But as long as we adapt to having bandage be more nessecary to stop bleeding.

*thumbs up*
storrie: Stay out of the rinth. It is dangerous.
jstorrie: IC INFORMATION!~!
jstorrie: You will get ultrapk'd.
jstorrie: There are no buildings in the rinth. Everything is made out of tall, cloaked figures with knives. You will die.

Blood loss code is realistic. I would love to see that. Being a slightly experienced player my most characters have the means to pay a physician/vivaduan.
But...
Let's say you're a d-elf of Sand Jakhals. You're in the area mentioned as your tribe's area in the documentation. You decide to take down that tembo so the new tribemate you met a few weeks ago may make a good armor from that as she mentioned. You do it too, tembo's dead, but right after hurting you viciously on your arm. You look for your tribemates via the way. They're absent. You have a bandage, but eh, you were always interested in weapons instead of the arts of a physician so you only wear it on the wound and that doesn't seem to be of any help.
Normally you're in your tribe's area and your virtual tribe is around. But still, you can't find someone to help you and you bleed to death.
Or...
You're a half-elven rukkian. After many many trials of proving yourself to society, you said "Fuck the society!" and decided to spend most of your life around a remote oasis by yourself. One day, as you were heading to your oasis, you see dead animals all around. Using your past experience with little hunting, you find the tracks of an inix. A wild inix here, which decides to kill everything? Not possible. You follow the tracks and find a tent, a dwarf seems to be using your grounds for killing... for fun!. You chant for Ruk and Krok, enter the tent with fury and slay the dwarf. But being somewhat enchanted against magick, dwarf doesn't die before slashing your leg, your body and your right wrist badly. Damn. You can't go to anywhere where you can find a healer or a physician with that chanting on you, anyone would notice. You pray to Ruk for safety and bleed to death as you wait for your chanting to fade.
Or...
You're a very very experienced ranger. You've just won your battle against the defiler who spoiled your lands. Your wounds are deadly, but you know how to treat to them. You reach for your bandage. *Lost connection to host*..

Playibility>realism.. Please...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

The above couple posts (exluding mine) Are probally why the blood code isn't in effect.

Let alone for newbies....

Now suffice to say as I already said I'd be intrested in seeing it.
But I don't beleive it'll happen. And although my personal opinion supports it (for my own play) I do agree with crw and cenghiz.
(although cenghiz, your last two reasons I don't see as feasonabile. for a magicker it -should- play out that way. and losing your connection...well anything can happen once that happens. that shouldnt guide something)
storrie: Stay out of the rinth. It is dangerous.
jstorrie: IC INFORMATION!~!
jstorrie: You will get ultrapk'd.
jstorrie: There are no buildings in the rinth. Everything is made out of tall, cloaked figures with knives. You will die.

..Okay. This is has been majorly derailed. The reason of this post was to appreciate what the staff are doing to add more blood when /npcs/ are hit. I said /nothing/ about adding blood loss/code to Players. Grah.

I think that if you hit something hard enough (If damage is greater than or equal to X points in comparison to max), it should splatter blood on you, and it would be really cool if the blood would stay on your armor/clothing.  I've gotten the blood splatter message before, and looked at myself to find no blood.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cenghiz"
You're a very very experienced ranger. You've just won your battle against the defiler who spoiled your lands. Your wounds are deadly, but you know how to treat to them. You reach for your bandage. *Lost connection to host*..

Playibility>realism.. Please...

Yeah but the answer to that issue is just that link loss should suspend the blood loss code, just like it does for hunger and thirst.

Not that I necessarily think a blood loss code would be a good thing, but the linkdead issue seems like something that could be worked around.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Stop with the blood loss crap. I was talking about blood spatter, Like Cuusardo was talking about. Nothing about player blood loss. So knock it off, Please, and if you're going to post, post about blood spatter from NPC's.

Blood splatter is awesome.  I will say no more except to back Alnir up on the 'blood-loss code discussion should be on a different thread' assertion.

derail:
Oh, Alnir, you can go here to find how to actually italicize instead of doing that '/word/' thing that you did.
/derail
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.