Northland Nobles

Started by Bogre, July 10, 2005, 08:28:27 PM

I do think CRW makes some good points and I don't see anything wrong with him trying to persuade people to that point of view.

I have a few thoughts on this, but keep in mind I've never played a noble and don't have much direct experience with noble houses.

It seems like two other solutions to the problem mentioned are:

:arrow: attract more players to the game

:arrow: get more current players to be interested in (and capable of) playing nobles

The idea being that a larger number of nobles overall would have a similar effect to concentrating a smaller number in one city.

I have to add to this, though, that I've had the impression that the number of nobles are limited by the immortals running the noble houses.  By that I mean - you see ads for openings for one noble role here, one role there.  Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression, but that makes it seem like they want to keep the numbers kind of low.  Or lower than they would be if they just accepted every qualified ap.  In that case maybe the second suggestion wouldn't help.  

I don't know - are the noble houses getting more good noble aps than they can take on?  I'm curious.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

If the only nobles were southern and we had ten of them, the political scene would be a blast. Add to that mix three or four southern templars.

Why the _heck_ do we need Tuluk in the first place?  Someone explain that to me?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "Elgiva"I think there is too much threads about one topic, while the pool (http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14204&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) shows half of players prefer not to change anything. Players who prefer to get Tuluk (Houses in Tuluk/Noble Houses in Tuluk) closed are just more vocal about it.
This may be the case, but half of the playerbase having issue with something is a pretty strong reason to at least consider reevaluating past or future plans.  This is all said understanding that GDB polls are not indicative of where the playerbase stands due to the fact that only the people who read the GDB and a particular poll thread will be counted.

Some staff members have been watching these threads with interest, and we thank everyone who weighed in on either "side."

At this point, however, no new discussion is coming forth and instead the thread seems to be devolving into pointless bickering and reiteration, so I'm going to lock it.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!