Signature in your Profile on the GDB.

Started by Incognito, July 10, 2005, 02:42:35 PM

Does anyone else find it wierd that the signature set in your profile is dynamic? I just updated mine and then happened to read a post of mine from a year ago. I almost flipped to see my new signature on the old post....
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Yeah, so?
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "Incognito"Does anyone else find it wierd that the signature set in your profile is dynamic? I just updated mine and then happened to read a post of mine from a year ago. I almost flipped to see my new signature on the old post....

It's simple enough. Having an extra few hundred to several thousands bytes per post, with tens of thousands of posts, adds up to a lot of extra information to keep stored in a database.

The way it's designed, all it does is trigger your username to your current signature in the database. This way your signature only takes a chunk of space once, and not for every time you make a post.

Quote from: "Incognito"Does anyone else find it wierd that the signature set in your profile is dynamic?
Nope, that's pretty standard faire for discussion boards that I've found.

I can think of one board I've seen that didn't do it that way. Not having it that way bothered me. Yes, you lost your old sig forever, but if you loved it that much then why did you go changing it?
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.