Off with their heads!

Started by Teleri, July 09, 2005, 11:32:09 PM

Close the noble houses?

Close all houses in both Allanak and Tuluk.
12 (17.6%)
Close all houses in Allanak.
1 (1.5%)
Close all houses in Tuluk.
16 (23.5%)
Close SOME houses in Allanak.
2 (2.9%)
Close SOME houses in Tuluk.
3 (4.4%)
Maintain the status quo.
34 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: July 09, 2005, 11:32:09 PM

I voted keep it the same. If anyone actually wants to close down a house, then make the effort IG!
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Quote from: "I"I voted keep it the same. If anyone actually wants to close down a house, then make the effort IG!
While I'm at it I'll kill Tek and steal Muk's pants.

Look, I appreciate the sentiment, no matter how glib, but the reality is that for a PC to 'take down' a house would involve massive amounts of time and coordination with the staff.  It isn't something that would be done in a year or two of playtime.  A house that has been around for as long as the houses in Zalanthas doesn't just get put under by some PCs with good heads on their shoulders.  Noble houses have more resources and manpower than a single PC could ever hope to overcome.  Even working from the inside as a member of one noble house taking down an entire noble house would involve a coordination of assassinations and Senatorial floor wrangling the likes of which have not been yet seen in the game.

Moreover for me personally this isn't about not wanting specific noble houses to exist, it's just not feeling sure that having those noble houses open for play has benefitted the player community.  It's a clear-cut OOC issue which is why IC actions have no bearing on the discussion.  For me at least.