Started by Sholdyn, July 09, 2005, 02:44:59 PM

What does everyone think about this?

>look east

>To the east you see:
>Very Far: Nothing
>Far: Ginormous Ugly Creature
>Near: small reptilian creature

>look Ginormous far east
>(Gives you main disc of Ginormous Ugly Creature)

>look small east
>That is too far away to make out any details

I was playing with the idea of being able to read descriptions of things in other rooms depending on how big they are. Obviously this may take a lot of work to code, but someone may think it worth while if everyone wanted it. What do people think?
Fear not death, for it is your destiny.

I think the short description of the ginormous creature suffices for me to stay away.  And I think people would start using it for half-giants and that might be unfair for a raider or criminal.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I'm not sure...but I could see this being a LOT of work for not so much gain.  (shrug)  I'm not saying that I don't like it, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort right now.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Nice idea Sholdyn. I like it.

I, personally, have a Windows Word document that I have all of the animals I have seen that I may need to remember for later pcs. Then since it is actually quite big now, it is wonderful that windows has a search feature.

I may even catagorize the animals one day.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime