Ghosts, Metaphysical, etc.

Started by Penumbra, July 03, 2005, 03:56:36 PM

How much do Zalanthan people believe in the Paranormal and the Metaphysical?
(Metaphysical = Levitation, Telekinesis, etc.)
(Paranormal = Ghosts (my main question is ghosts) but this also includes spontaneous combustion, stuff like that.
Do people on Zalanthas believe in this stuff at all? If so, how much?
ossibly the best quote, ever:
Quote from: "Bestatte"Welcome to Armageddon, and may all your deaths be interesting.

Magick exists and is to be feared. All that stuff falls under it.
Veteran Newbie

My personal opinion is that ghosts are a definite a-okay to believe in.

Zalanthans are a superstitious bunch.

I'm pretty sure that Zalanthans believe in ghosts and ghouls and wights and all those nasty things. Possibly slightly Zalantha-fied versions, but they are there. I agree with Dracul, though, that most things like that would be simply put off to 'some magicker'.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: "Penumbra"How much do Zalanthan people believe in the Paranormal and the Metaphysical?
(Metaphysical = Levitation, Telekinesis, etc.)
(Paranormal = Ghosts (my main question is ghosts) but this also includes spontaneous combustion, stuff like that.
Do people on Zalanthas believe in this stuff at all? If so, how much?

Hey! We have people walking around invisible most of the times. I'd say the'd believe in ghost.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Metaphysical = Psionicists. 'Nuff said. And as for ghosts...
From What You Know-Luirs
QuoteTo the southwest of the Outpost and within a score of leagues is the best-known of the ruins. Sometimes referred to as "The Blue Caverns" or "The Defiler's Tomb" this large area is much talked about. Explorers mention water flowing freely, poison and blood running down the walls and metal treasures worth a king's hoard. Quieter talk also tells of the ghost that supposedly haunts these caves and steals the life from those that trespass into its domain. Rumors of walls or whirling blades that rove the caverns, seeking victims, lances of extreme cold that numb and burn without leaving a mark and the feeling of lips sucking life-force from those that venture there are all common.
In short, yes, belief in the paranormal is something you can (and in some cases, probably should) incorporate into your character.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I'd say a definite yes.

Here's another question that fits in nicely with this thread.  What about pseudo-sciences like alchemy, herbal potions, etc.

Do you think some cultures/individual herbalists might take their work and put a spiritual/magickal element to it?  Could be as simple as saying herb X is infused with the essence of Drov, Krath, etc. or could be even more complicated.  Thoughts, opinions?

Quote from: "SpyGuy"I'd say a definite yes.

Here's another question that fits in nicely with this thread.  What about pseudo-sciences like alchemy, herbal potions, etc.

Do you think some cultures/individual herbalists might take their work and put a spiritual/magickal element to it?  Could be as simple as saying herb X is infused with the essence of Drov, Krath, etc. or could be even more complicated.  Thoughts, opinions?

Would get you in serious trouble if anyone found out.. :)
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

Quote from: "SpyGuy"

If you're a gemmed magicker, I'd say you're fine.
If not, you're gonna get killed.
ossibly the best quote, ever:
Quote from: "Bestatte"Welcome to Armageddon, and may all your deaths be interesting.