Muk-Utep/Tektolnes

Started by Spud, July 02, 2005, 03:27:04 PM

This may sound like a stupid question, but is there any help files or information about either Muk-Utep or Tektolnes? It seems the only thing written about them is in the history of Zalanthas, or a couple lines stating that they rules of the cities.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

http://www.armageddon.org/general/city.html#tuluk

and to some smaller extent

http://www.armageddon.org/general/city.html#allanak

among others. There are lots of "little" references all over the website and help files. You can go to the home page www.armageddon.org and scroll to the bottom, where there's a google search engine. Type in Tektolnes. After you've finished checking out the links it provides, try again with Muk Utep.

"Quintus Tektolnes" only returns one link, which is the city page I referenced above.

Ah..didn't even notice the search at the bottom of the home page. It's much help, I have to take a look.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Quote from: "Bestatte"
"Quintus Tektolnes" only returns one link, which is the city page I referenced above.

Quintus Tektolnes isn't the Highlord Tektolnes though; he was his father until, according to the history files, he killed him.

There is very little information available about either Tek or Muk Utep (the latter in particular), and finding out ICly about them should be pretty interesting.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

A good start might be the bards of the city in question.

Granted, this will frustrate the hell out of whichever player is playing the bard, who will probably have to start mailing imms to find out what his character should know and all that. But it serves those bard players right for never learning their IC histories!

Heh, never noticed that - Quintus is the name used in both the timeline, describing daddy Tek, and in the city docs for mal krian, describing his son.. typo, or they have the same name?  Tek II did take his daddy's throne, might have made political sense to take his name too.

My question though - is he sitting on a couch?
Murder your darlings.

Quote from: "jstorrie"A good start might be the bards of the city in question.

Granted, this will frustrate the hell out of whichever player is playing the bard, who will probably have to start mailing imms to find out what his character should know and all that. But it serves those bard players right for never learning their IC histories!

So the players are supposed to magically learn OOCly what isn't in the docs?   :P
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Quote from: "jstorrie"A good start might be the bards of the city in question.

So the players are supposed to magically learn OOCly what isn't in the docs?   :P

It's not difficult to email the MUD asking for either a meeting/revision of the history of X with an NPC (this particularly makes sense in the case of bards) or just requesting a summary of what their PC will have heard.
If there is information that your PC should have but you personally do not, and I don't mean intentionally unanswered things such as what Tektolnes looks like, just email the MUD and see what you can do about it.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Yes, I am fully aware of that fact.  It's just not fair to assume that players have been around long enough to know things that aren't in the docs.  If someone only started playing within the last year, there's a lot that (s)he doesn't know.

I guess if playing a bard was easy, everybody would do it.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Eh - I didn't find playing a bard to be all that difficult. I wouldn't play one again though. It's also irrelevent and has nothing to do with either Muk Utep or Tektolnes, or finding information about either.

I agree that a bard of the Poet's Circle would be well-versed in Tuluk history, in particular of Muk Utep's rise from being just some plain old warrior to the hero and Sun King of the city. I also agree that it would make good OOC sense for anyone playing an "official" Bard's Circle Bard to feel comfortable in asking the clan imm for whatever information their particular circle -should- know about, upon showing up for the first time in the game.

First of all, a few things to keep in mind...though its not generally in game knowledge:

1) Muk Utep is actually MUKINA Utep.  Yes, thats right...a woman.

2) Mukina Utep wasn't a glorious warchief, she was a whore.  She slept her way to the top and has seen more use than an Xbox controller in a fraternity house.

3) 'Muk' Utep and Tektolnes have been engaged in a love affair since day 1.

4) 'Muk' is Tektolnes's mother.  That is why he killed his father...you know, the whole Oedipus complex...

5) The war and occupation of Tuluk arose out of a lovers spat - 'Muk' wanted to be on top.

6) The Lirathans in Tuluk pattern themselves after 'Muk' and are likewise, all whores.  This is not commonly known, but if you have a bit of sid you can approach one about receiving 'favors'.  Just try it.

Now remember...aside from the acceptability of dry-humping the nearest Faithful's leg this should be treated as ooc knowledge...just thought it would help everyone put things into perspective.

*nods sagely*