Amputation

Started by Foamy007, June 26, 2005, 03:51:16 AM

Would amputation be a common procedure to do or attempt, I am compiling a bit of information and am curious if it would be and such, even if it does not succed but a few times in a hundred would it still be attempted to try and save someone with a broken leg with kankfly maggots in it or someone who has lost use of their hand and is getting rot.

Just wondering
Thanks
eel my squirrely wrath!!!!!!!

Malifaxis wrote:
Hizzle, shizzle, fabizzle mechakizzle will probably force my fingers to autorespond with subdue target and the nearest directions for the top of the Shield Wall. Lets see if you can flizzle, bizzle.

Quote from: "Foamy007"Would amputation be a common procedure to do or attempt, I am compiling a bit of information and am curious if it would be and such, even if it does not succed but a few times in a hundred would it still be attempted to try and save someone with a broken leg with kankfly maggots in it or someone who has lost use of their hand and is getting rot.

On a side note, maggots eat necrotic tissue and have actually been introduced therapeutically to treat such conditions.  Did amputation exist? Probably under some conditions. Think painfull with a  poor outcome.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Yea, but it was common if maggots where found to amputate the limb because of fear it would rot and all. Not many things were common, but yes maggots are actually usefull if used correctly and not allowed to pupate.

Thanks and more input is helpful.

Malifaxis wrote:
Hizzle, shizzle, fabizzle mechakizzle will probably force my fingers to autorespond with subdue target and the nearest directions for the top of the Shield Wall. Lets see if you can flizzle, bizzle.

Would seem from the helpfile below that amputation is practiced in Zalanthas:

Quote from: "[urlhttp://www.armageddon.org/general/illness.html[/url]"]Gangrene - Festering wounds, from battle or otherwise and typically on a limb, are a common cause of illness on Zalanthas. Gangrenous wounds turn black and mushy, and are notoriously foul smelling. The corruption spreads to adjacent tissues, and will usually progress to death if unaddressed. Physicians of every part of the Known World have myriad treatments for gangrene, but the only widely known definitive treatment is limb amputation, termed "giving Vychia her due" in Gol Krathu for the legendary ancient physician fabled to have discovered amputation as a life saving measure, one of her many achievements.

Not only is it practiced in the hospice, it is also a naturally occuring event on the battlefield.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Nice, I would like to see it rped out a couple of times, nothing serious say a finger, or a hand, if the player was willing and everything, this is one of those consented things.

But as I often play a healer, thanks for the insite and such.

Malifaxis wrote:

I've done amputations in game. It was great.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I played a char long ago who had to perform an amputation on someone and it was intense, to say the least, but a blast.

Yep - amputation is very common.
"Change is not inspired without risk.." - Eniriah