Getting Herbs

Started by Penumbra, June 22, 2005, 02:46:02 PM

Alright, I'm playing a character and I need to find some herbs. I often see them, but I can never take them! Why is this??
I say 'get <insert herb name here>' and it says 'You can't get <same herb>'. Why is this?
ossibly the best quote, ever:
Quote from: "Bestatte"Welcome to Armageddon, and may all your deaths be interesting.

I think you're trying to take the whole herb plant.  Those are coded so you can't do that.  Try examining the plant, to see what you could take, then type something like:  get <keyword> <plant's keyword>
Ie.
Get leaf plant

When picking flowers, do you usually uproot the whole plant?
Try "look in <herb>" and see if that helps. Sometimes herb-picking is the closest thing you'll get to a puzzle in Arm... just try various commands, various approaches until you get something useful.
Also consider the possibility that some one else came along before you and already snatched up anything useful.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

It's a syntax issue. Try looking in whatever.  Then use "get" to get the item from the plant. Some items require use of the "break" command.

To summarize, you get plants with one of the following

-- Get plant.
-- Break plant
-- Get something plant.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

Gathering herbs can require one of a few different techniques.

Some things that may be of help to figure out which:

examine <herb>
break <herb>
get <herb>

(Eh, amoeba beat me to it.)

Awesome, thanks so much.
Quote from: "Bestatte"Welcome to Armageddon, and may all your deaths be interesting.

But wait... sometimes, it says '<herb> is not a container' when I try to 'get leaves <herb>', or get flowers herb, or whatever.

Edit: Ah, I guess it's just some plants. I've got it now.

Some plants work on the 'break' command, as well.

Some plants are just there for "decoration" and can't be taken from or broken.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

*may this thread be archived?*

I've found myself scanning through the gdb to find it on a few occasions, and sending it to newbies. The replies on it were quite useful.
Veteran Newbie

There's plenty of info in this thread.  Some of it a bit more than what I'm comfortable with.  Gonna lock it.

-- X