Crafting

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2005, 12:41:33 PM

Thinking that maybe there should be a bit more slack on crafting and interuptions, like being able to give somebody an object and you just pause crafting, so takes a bit longer instead of having to start over again. I am not saying nothing should stop you only small things like giving somebody a pice of food or similar stuff. Yes? no? Anybody agree?

Think about it.  If you're carefully stitching leather or putting embroidery on a length of linen to make a shirt, would you be able to stop from such a delicate task to give someone something?  It's not worth the trouble to see which types of crafting really need your full attention, and which ones don't.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"Think about it.  If you're carefully stitching leather or putting embroidery on a length of linen to make a shirt, would you be able to stop from such a delicate task to give someone something?  It's not worth the trouble to see which types of crafting really need your full attention, and which ones don't.

I have to disagree with this. I don't know if you've ever seen someone stitch, or make a shirt or whatever, but it's not even usually done in such a quick time period. I know that from the shirt's or blankets that I've seen made, there've been pauses, usually days at a time, in their making. So, even if you are doing something as delicate as stitching, I think that pauses in it would be able to happen. I'm not sure if there's a reason for it to make you stop crafting everytime you give something to someone else, but I know that pausing the stitching of something, or basically making anything, isn't -ever- done without a break. There's probably some reason that this is coded, but just to kind of let you know that pauses should be acceptable. IMO, anyways.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill