Why do fun scenes always seem to make my character sad?

Started by Selie, June 20, 2005, 03:32:30 AM

So, today I had what will probably be my second-favorite little scene with my character. #1 favorite was amazing because I wound up interacting with someone who was both hilarious and extremely in character (oh, how I wish I could shout out my love for this person's ability to crack me up, especially because I've seen the character a few times around and EVERY TIME is great, but I can't - but you, person I can't mention, you are HILARIOUS AND I LOVE YOUR PLAYING - even if my character didn't understand it, I as a player did, and it was REALLY AWESOME) and it ended happily enough, but my character was upset. This time, it didn't end in my character's death or anything that serious, but she sure was unhappy ... but it was FUN. It was like ... there was this opportunity to roleplay something that would involve making my character a little more miserable than the situation had her being, and instead of chickening out like I usually do, I JUMPED FOR IT, and it was AWESOME. Even though it was difficult for me! It was cool! I went all the way with my idea and played it out, at cost to my character, and I LIKED it!

Hi, I am a newbie, and I am officially lost to Armageddon.

Can the rest of you guys remember these little moments, the first ones that made you really realize that this game is one of the most amazingly awesome things on the internet? Or perhaps I'm just on a successful-roleplaying high. I'm normally the most cowardly player ever, EVER. YAY ROLEPLAYING.

Please forgive my unadulterated enthusiasm. I can't contain myself. It was fun. Does this wear off or do pockets of this keep popping up, even for those of you with 57 characters under your belt?
 hate everything. No really.

Hmm.. Thanks to the Northern Lady who decided she could listen to my h-giant's blubberings about strange southern barbarians. I had decided that my h-giant should be a little.. funny. She greatly helped me act.
Thanks to the other beastly h-giant for playing along with another h-giant of mine. He showed his character's frustration very well.
Thanks to that defiler who met to my merchant. It was funnier than ever.
Thanks to that three characters who fled away as the same h-giant entered the scene (cooing his pet lizard). It was strange IC, but you made me laugh for 30 seconds sweeping the floor.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Sitting in the workshop in the Byn compound, talking about knives obsessively with other mercenaries. It was so perfectly IC....

"Yer, this wun's fer stabbin'!"

"Yeah? Well this wun's fer guttin'!"

etc.

Thank you everyone in the Byn that knew people could be racist in Armageddon and get away with it.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

You can always send an email to the mud about your fun experience with another PC, and they will ensure that your compliments are passed on to the right person.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Selie"Please forgive my unadulterated enthusiasm. I can't contain myself. It was fun. Does this wear off or do pockets of this keep popping up, even for those of you with 57 characters under your belt?

It doesn't wear off, or at least it hasn't for me.

Quote from: "Selie"Does this wear off or do pockets of this keep popping up, even for those of you with 57 characters under your belt?

Even after 13 years of this game, I still have moments like that that pop up.  Granted, they're less frequent, but they still occur.

CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON CRACKAGEDDON
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

191 characters later, Armageddon is still filled with these moments. They don't end, that's why we're all here. Mmmmmm, Armageddon.

191?

I have a lot of catching up to do...
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: "Malifaxis"191?

I have a lot of catching up to do...

wow im on my 66th BOOYAAA!!!!
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I was still pretty new when I ran into a magicker in a tavern. I didn't really know too much about the stgma atached to magick, or what that gem meant, so I struck up a conversation. The player of the magicker did a FANFUCKINGTASTIC job of portraying the sullen, lonely magicker, while still giving me subtle hints that he wasn't someone that I should pal up with.

The fear and sadness that surrounded the character really came through, and it was one of those times when a part of the game snaps right into place.

Good stuff. There's a thread archived about it. Mebbe I'll dig up the link...

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...