Couch Potatoes

Started by Mook, June 19, 2005, 05:33:56 PM

In a certain room IG, there is a popular couch, it is also described in the room desc.  There is also an npc described as 'sitting on a couch'.  I'm curious as to whether this npc is to be interpreted as sitting on said couch?
Murder your darlings.

Nope, it shouldn't.
Are you sure there's only one couch in the room?
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Look at the desc of the coded couch, and then look at that NPC's ldesc.  It will give you the answer.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I'm still unsure about this - I believe most play as if the NPC isn't seated on that particular couch, but the room desc mentions multiple tables, the bar, and 'a' very large (thirteen feet'ish) couch, which seems to fit with the NPC's ldesc.

While it 'look tables' doesn't list the NPC in a coded seat, I'm not sure that means he isn't sitting there, as numerous other NPCs are 'sitting' at various large furnature pieces throughout the coded world (especially bars) despite their being unlisted in 'look tables'.

Any staffers know?  Wonder who coded the room..
Murder your darlings.

I'm pretty sure he's not sitting on -that- couch. Also, most NPC's that are set with a sitting ldesc, don't take up an actual seat anywhere.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.

He is not sitting in that couch.

Plus, you can just "l tables" and see.
some of my posts are serious stuff

The room description is fairly clear - there is one rather long cough. I've always assumed he's sitting on it. It helps to remind you that the couch is fairly public.
The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ahem. He's my favourite NPC...he's odd and for some reason i'm really intrigued. I'm very annoyed with myself for not taking a chance to talk with him one time and find out more, but I chickened out, got scared and ran away when he winked at my character! And since then i've been naggingly curious about him but haven't had the chance to find out more.

Can I email mud with this sort of thing to ask more about him or do I need to sing the old song and go and foic myself ?

Um, is there a reason i'm missing that i'm meeting with a wall of silence about this? From Imms and players?

Is it really such a lame question?

Quote from: "O"
Is it really such a lame question?

Yes. Also, I suggest emailing the mud if you really need to know.

He is supposed to be sitting at that couch, but the imms don't want him taking up space where a pc could be sitting.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

O wrote:
QuoteUm, is there a reason i'm missing that i'm meeting with a wall of silence about this? From Imms and players?

I believe Qetesh already answered this a while ago. The NPC in question is NOT sitting at the same couch. A look at the couch in the room will show that it has a different description from the one the NPC is sitting on.  He is not supposed to be on the same couch as the one that is codedly in the room.

Locking this thread.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.