really annoying

Started by adrien, June 13, 2005, 12:01:35 AM

It is also common courtesy to politely request that someone attempt to improve the legibility of their posts, rather than be confrontational and snide, such as saying "Is it as annoying..." like you did.

I'm with Dirr and FJ.

Some times its good to use more simple english terms, not everyone has great grammer and understanding of certain words. some people dont know what atrocious and lucid means. Also some people try to show off there great language skills i find.
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

I hate taking time of players as well, but I do gone AFK because of various reasons time to time. Making habit of long AFKs is.. well something I do not like... Also when someone stops giving responses without typing a "gone" or a simple "OOC," I find myself in difficult situations like if that wait is IC or something OOC.

/detrailment/

Everybody can be angry while writing something on GDB or may sound more harsh then s/he actually wants.

QuoteCan you stop being a bitch to people for one second? Anal habits stop being humorous when you constantly berate others for not being as perfect as yourself.

I think this is a bit much for a reply to a simple post. Also please note in given context, this beatiful quote gives a good reply to its composer as well.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Quote from: "Bestatte"It is also common courtesy to politely request that someone attempt to improve the legibility of their posts, rather than be confrontational and snide, such as saying "Is it as annoying..." like you did.

I'm with Dirr and FJ.

I've asked politely time and time again, and people don't seem to respond to politeness.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

All of your grammar sucks, show me your doctorate in English and then I'll listen to some of you crazy people.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "Cuusardo"
Quote from: "Bestatte"It is also common courtesy to politely request that someone attempt to improve the legibility of their posts, rather than be confrontational and snide, such as saying "Is it as annoying..." like you did.

I'm with Dirr and FJ.

I've asked politely time and time again, and people don't seem to respond to politeness.

So .. you asked -adrien- specifically to improve his or her postings on the GDB? Or just everyone in general like a year ago or something?

I personally didn't think the initial poster did too bad in their post. Just a couple of typos. They seemed a bit annoyed and in a hurry. *shrug* Nothing to get all bent out of shape about. Honestly.. nobody is absolutely perfect at everything. Perhaps your english and typing skills exceed adrien's? And adrien excels in something that you may lack the skill or knowledge. I'm sure adrien may take a moment before berating you with little snarky remarks. Perhaps next time if you lack the skill to read a post.. pm them and ask for clarification.. tell them, in a polite manner, they might type a bit slower and try to improve their spelling and grammar. It might prove to be more successful. I personally would have felt attacked and nit picked on if that was a response I was to have to something I posted. It doesn't make anybody look pretty. That's not what we're trying to accopmlish.
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg

I've asked in general, and I don't doubt that it was totally ignored by the majority of people on the GDB including those it was directed at.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "corona"It doesn't make anybody look pretty. That's not what we're trying to accopmlish.

You mispelled accomplish.  You should be beaten unconscious and then shot.

(And yes, before you *really* filthy bastards comment, I meant to mess up the end of my little comment that you can read below since its already quoted and I don't feel like commenting about my own damn comment twice)

Quote from: "wizturbo"
Quote from: "corona"It doesn't make anybody look pretty. That's not what we're trying to accopmlish.

You mispelled accomplish.  You should be beaten unconscious and then shot.

(And before you filthy bastards say it, yes, I meant to misspell 'mispelled" thats part the fucking joke)

*cackles* :twisted:  *smooches on wizturbo because she misses him sooooo much!*
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg

Quote from: "corona"

*cackles* :twisted:  *smooches on wizturbo because she misses him sooooo much!*

Keep nice comments like that off this thread, otherwise it'll be off topic :-p

Heh... You should all forgive me then.. I went linkdead many many times these days, all were not with very good timing. In some places I have to use dial-up and it sucks.. In some other places I had to use wireless and sometimes it sucked even more. Our DSL provider decided to wave the ADSL line a few times at home and -darn- even once when I was two rooms to a beetle.
The thing I meant to say, I know Ginka does not suddenly understand that you went linkdead and echoes "The pale, gay-looking man has lost his link." I know from experience, usually Ginka echoes this message when the other user reconnects, when that message is not needed :)
So, Adrien, perhaps that little fancypants -a.k.a templar- has lost his link. Nothing to get pissed about.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I agree with Cenghiz about losing link.  I try to give people the benefit of the doubt that they would have given me a heads-up if they had a chance.  

It's pretty rare that this actually comes up as an issue in-game for me.   At least not in some critically important scene.

For the love of Ginka, this thread needs to be locked.   I think the weather is making people derail-happy this week or something.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

This has lived past its prime.  Locking the thread.

-Savak
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]