l self

Started by Anonymous, June 12, 2005, 01:03:13 PM

When you are ina room with another pc/npc and you both are hooded or of the same race and you type 'l ef', it will look at you. Just thinking that though this is obviously not neccesary, it could be changed so that only 'l me' or 'l self' looked at you.
Anybody feel the same way bout this?

I recommend taking it a step further and making a character capable of targetting themselves only by use of me/self.  This will also help magickers avoid casting their spells of doom on themselves by mistake.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

A good idea.

The -reason- this happens is if you were the last elf to enter, or the last figure. If you were there first, and a figure walks in, 'l figure' will target them.

But still, good idea to switch only 'me' and 'self' as targetable, but that may be harder said than done.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: "Larrath"I recommend taking it a step further and making a character capable of targetting themselves only by use of me/self.  This will also help magickers avoid casting their spells of doom on themselves by mistake.

Fully agreed. I hope this gets implemented soon.
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Good idea. I'm all for it.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I like it too.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

It really hurts when you hastily type "cast '<get incapacipated in a way>' victim" and get incapacipated.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

A way to avoid this is to assess -v (keyword) first in order to prevent this sort of misdirect from happening.

And for the love of whatever diety you believe in, USE NAMES INSTEAD OF KEYWORDS WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Sorry babe, but when you're out and about and you're playing Mr. MageyWagey Face o' Doom, and Mr. Hoodedguywho'sthesameraceasyou comes running up and starts getting all aggro, the LAST thing to cross your mind is "Oh, I better assess him."

You have approximately 3 seconds to get a spell out before you're dead, assess takes up two of them.  There needs to be a work around.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Make a macro?  It was just a suggestion.   :P
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I so love mudmaster's tablist. And abuse it too much.
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

Quote from: "Larrath"I recommend taking it a step further and making a character capable of targetting themselves only by use of me/self.  This will also help magickers avoid casting their spells of doom on themselves by mistake.

Damned good idea.