Flee w

Started by Dracul, June 10, 2005, 12:19:19 AM

Erradicting 'Flee Self' to have 'Flee' work both.

Yay
12 (52.2%)
Nay
7 (30.4%)
What are you some kind of vampire!11011one? (undecided)
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 10, 2005, 12:19:19 AM

>Flee W

You aren't in combat, to flee anyway, type: flee self.

Why?
Does anyone else feel that it should just work for flee?

I could list a few arguments, but why bother.
Veteran Newbie

I never really understood why it was this way either.
Maybe to prevent people from fleeting randomly whenever they'd typo.

EDIT: This is also just another thing new players have to adjust to in Arm.  We've got the standard Kill command, so why not the standard Flee?
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

If the combat is over andyou did not realize it (from the running text) you might "flee" accidentally, which is not so realistic.

But flee self makes it for sure, that you are aware you are not in combat but still want to panic and run like a mad in some random direction.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Use flee self when people are following or shadowing you and you caught a glimpse of them.

That really is OOC game info and didnt need to be posted here at all.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: "Incognito"That really is OOC game info and didnt need to be posted here at all.
Yes, it's OOC game info; eg, something everyone who plays the game has a right to know about. IC info is the stuff you don't want to share on the board.

-Cindrak
quote="www.baobobcomic.com"]Naturally, the worst happened. Soon we saw not only a PC, but one of those weird PCs who uses words I don't know in their sdesc. The podgy, dappled dickens-whelp.[/quote]

I do agree that we need to be careful on how much information is shared here, but this is one of those cases where it's ok - primarily because the information already exists in the helpfiles.

Help flee:
Blah blah blah..
Using the 'flee self' option will force your character to flee, even if they are not involved in combat. This can be a useful way to escape from someone who insists on following your character.

I also want to note, for the original poster, this part of help flee:
Alert persons might be able to quickly determine which direction they have fled in, and the practiced few may be able to retreat in an organized manner such that they can flee in a direction they choose.
-Ashyom