Question on clouds.

Started by sacac, June 06, 2005, 01:11:29 PM

The sandstorms have gotten me thinking.
Are there clouds?
Clouds have covered every inch of the earth, despite the deserts and whatnot.

So are there clouds on Zalanthas? I think that there are some.

Share your views!
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

No, no clouds.  Just dust.

Dust clouds.

Mist would mean the moisture in the air.  Which is less likely.
some of my posts are serious stuff

There is no rain, plants survive by drawing moisture from the air and ground, so I imagine there are no clouds.
Murder your darlings.

An elementalist of mine was searching it. We can't simply say 'NO!' I believe.. But still, I believe it should be an IC experimentation arranged with staff, a few magickers of different elements and a good amount of pre-experiments.
Even though the only response I can get may be 'You see darkness all around. You can't breathe. *BEEP*' I will try it with another char of mine in the future.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I'd say that there is probably not enough trace moisture, and too much fine dust floating in the air for cloud cover, as we know it, to exist. You'd probably see big dust-clouds that partly obscure the sun at times, but fluffy-white cottony rainclouds? I doubt it.

As an aside, what about heat-lightning? Northern lights? The 'Hot Wind', Chinook{I may be confused}? Whatever, mebbe a Zalanth-a-fied version of it: A wind that blows out of nowhere, so hot that your skin is scorched and blistered by it?

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

At least in the populated parts of the Known World, there are no clouds and no stars visible/in existence, as far as I'm aware.

I also believe Earth deserts rarely get clouds either, as they're usually blocked by high mountains or something.  Could be wrong, but big clouds mean free shade.  And there's no such thing as free shade. :D
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "WarriorPoet"
Northern lights?

If the planet of Zalanthas has a magnetic field, definately there are nothern lights.  But it can only be observed from the poles of magnet.  So if the known world is at the pole of the planet, and if the planet has a magnetic field, we definitaly observe northern lights.
some of my posts are serious stuff

There are smoke clouds. :wink:

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

For there to be rainclouds, there would need to be a number of things in existance that aren't (at least in the know world). You'd most definitly need an extremely large body of water, like an ocean, for starters.

Have we gotten offical staff position on the "no stars" thing?  It would be a shame to kill off a potential astronomy system
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Well, if there ever was to be an astronomy system - or whatever you guys call it - what would it do for the game? What kind of role might noting the course of stars do for the intellect that would be beneficial IG? And would a few changes of the code be required, and what kinds of changes (in a brief format)?

If there -are- stars that are visible, I'd just like to see them in some room descriptions and room emotes. Nothing too great, but enough to give me a picture of the scene, whether picturesque and awe-inspiring or fearful and mysterious.
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain