Stat/Hide

Started by Anonymous, June 05, 2005, 09:15:19 PM

Just thinking that it might be handy for any assassin/thief types or maby a ranfer to, if there was some thing added to the stat command.
For example:
                 Your encumbrance is easily manageable.
                 Relationship to the land is neutral.
                 You are currently speaking sirihish.
                 You are standing.
                 You are not refusing saves (nosave off).
                 You are not being merciful.
                 You are (not) hiding.

So? Make sense to anyone?

Is it realistic to be able to tell if people can see you?
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Nope, and having assassins being one of my favorite characters to play, definitly no.
Veteran Newbie

NO, also as someone who primarily likes to play sneakies.  You have no idea how many adrenaline pumped scenes I've played through, not sure if I was successfully hidden or not.  NO NO NO.

Sorry... but no. I agree with the points above. :wink:
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg

As you play more assassins/thieves/burglars, you will get a good sense of whether or not people in the room can see you, but like anything, it takes a little time.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I guess he meant 'trying to hide'... Not the success, just to remember if he typed 'hide'.. but I believe code would not support that.. When your hidden state's gone, you shouldn't know that for the excitement. That would be a bad OOC hint to know when you're not trying to hide any more. (Note: I don't like playing sneakies.)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Well.. actually you can tell if you are hidden well by observing the vNPC staring at you once in a while and taking note of you.

But I don't support the idea.
some of my posts are serious stuff