Command queue idea

Started by Hexxaex, June 05, 2005, 02:04:38 PM

People have done it, stacked commands into their MUD because they're quite possibly doing something else (mostly for walking).  So if something happens that you don't expect, like spamwalking to the tavern but seeing a friend on your way, you'll walk right past them, or if you're monitoring your screen, you'll have to lose link and reconnect to stop the commands.

What Medievia had was a -- command, which you would enter to stop all commands that were currently queued, but the MUD hasn't executed them yet.  What do you think of putting a command queue halt into Armageddon?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

How about not spam-walking?

The likely reason Medevia has that is likely because they don't care about people spam-walking, and so to better suite the needs of their foolish playerbase, they did them a favor. Bah, weaklings.  :wink:
Here is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.  -   Sean O'Faolain

I would really rather not see speedwalkers, or anything else like it with the exception of simple command/emote stacks.

Make those who stack suffer for their follies.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I like speedwalking.  Sometimes I'll speedwalk for long hours at a time, just circling through the city, stepping on the occasional unfortunate VNPC dwarf who doesn't get out of my way.
Murder your darlings.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"People have done it, stacked commands into their MUD because they're quite possibly doing something else (mostly for walking).  So if something happens that you don't expect, like spamwalking to the tavern but seeing a friend on your way, you'll walk right past them, or if you're monitoring your screen, you'll have to lose link and reconnect to stop the commands.

What Medievia had was a -- command, which you would enter to stop all commands that were currently queued, but the MUD hasn't executed them yet.  What do you think of putting a command queue halt into Armageddon?

Responding to red text:
Just because you see your friend appear in your prompt doesn't mean that your character actually saw them, as you were making your way to the tavern. You could go about your business and pretend that you did not notice that person due to the area being over crowded or something along the lines.

[Edit] Something didn't seem right.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.