Empty

Started by Seeker, May 17, 2005, 03:11:46 AM

Empty

syntax:
empty (container1) (container2)

This command transfers all the contents of (container1) into (container2) until (container1) is empty or (container2) is full.  
This is the equivalent of the command pour for transfering non-liquid items.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I like it.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

It sounds really good, but in the past, if I remember correctly, IMMs didn't want to see people putting everything into another container at once because of some possible abuses. For example, you can get the body (which turns out to be a container) and empty it into your bag or whatever. I support this code change if there is a way to differentiate the -container- body from an innocent bag or chest.
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

I'll add to the mix a related idea, that was brought up awhile ago and I think still bears merit (especially now that we can target multiple keywords with the Way - YAY!)

Being able to remove and put multiple items that share keywords to and from containers.

get all, with arguement.

get all dagger belt
You get a red dagger from your belt.
You get a blue dagger from your belt.
You get a green dagger from your belt.
You cannot carry a purple dagger.

put all dagger box
You put three daggers in a box.

get all large.obsidian chest
There are no large obsidians in the chest.

get all small.obsidian chest
You get a small shard of obsidian from a chest.
You get a small obsidian pendant from a chest.

This would -really- help reduce the spam and wasted commands when you're trying to compartmentalize things. Sure you'll occasionally get a "wrong" item but you won't be stuck with as many wrong items, when you can get all of ONLY specific things, rather than having to either "get all" without arguement, or continually "get small" or "get obsidian" and put all the large chunks and small wooden things back in the container.

Plus once it's already in your inventory, you would know how -many- you have - so "put" could just count the number of items with that keyword in your inventory and echo that you've put that many, in a single line, without having to see each item spam on your list.

Eventually you might even be able to combine that with the empty command: empty sack.obsidian bag

Would empty ONLY items with obsidian as a keyword from the sack, into the bag.

Either and both of these ideas bear merit.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Don't forget the special "empty" sytnax for half-giants where you hold a guy upside down and shake him to empty his pockets out...
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

That's what I'm talkin A-BOUT!

The splotch-skinned half-giant tells you, in sirihish, "You hid the pretty shiny thing in your pocket. I saw you. MINE!"

The splot-skinned half-giant subdues you, despite your efforts to get away.

The splot-skinned half-giant hurls you up and tips you over, causing your belongings to drop to the ground.

A dagger falls from your pockets to the ground.
A pile of obsidian coins fall from your pockets to the ground.
A shard of crystal falls from your pockets to the ground.
A steel longsword falls from your pockets to the ground.

You land in a heap as the splot-skinned half-giant releases you from his grasp.

His red eyes widening, a gleeful grin on his face as he reaches for a shard of crystal, the splot-skinned half-giant exclaims, in sirihish, "Aha, mine!"

It's the little things in life that you treasure.  (Like this bit of code.)
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

How about when someone picks up/moves more than one of the same item.

the amused templar puts a few daggers into his super de duper bag.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.