Tattoos in Tuluk

Started by O, May 07, 2005, 05:04:56 PM

I realise this isn't exactly high priority, nor the right time to bring it up as everyone is mulling over the recent player-staff meeting, but anyway, is it just me or is there a bit of a jarring lack of tattoos you can get in Tuluk? Once you take away the caste tattos, there isn't much of a choice - and there seemed to be more in Allanak, which is odd.

QuoteThe Tuluki perspective has endowed the concept of tattoos with an intrinsic sense of history and self. While meaning little to an non-Tuluki, each tattoo details the life and circumstances of the person it is associated with. Often, the tattoos are detailed images of creatures and events that have occurred but just as often, they are intricate patterns and markings that are more symbolic in nature.

Maybe i'm reading this wrong and it just applies to the caste tattoos, in which case this post is pretty much redundant. But if not, it would be helpful to have a broader base of tattoos to choose from when trying to match them to aspects of our characters life.

It should be pretty simple to just write any custom tattoos into a character's desc during creation.. the imms might append additional descriptions of tattoos acquired since creation to a desc if the descriptions were mailed in.
Also, virtual tattoos (incorporated into emotes or such) should in most cases be as respected as hard-coded ones.  You could even have stories about your favorite virtual tattoo parlor, and the wonky virtual owner/artists.

As for location-specific tattoos -
All Noble Houses in Tuluk have their own specific tattoo artists, with a selection of House designs.  I think there are at least 2-3 general tattoo artists NPCs in the city of Tuluk as well.
Murder your darlings.

I think you just need to explore Tuluk a little bit more.  :wink:

Hmm, I seem to remember I have found three places that do general tattoos too, but the choice on the lists isn't that big. It just struck me as a little strange that's all, when I know there are more tattoos out there. (In Allanak for example, although I can perhaps see it's not so good if the whole land has the same). I wasn't aware the houses had their own tattoists though.

I don't want this to come across as a moan for more, as i'm really more than happy and content with exploring what the vast amount of other things already in the game. And I may be misunderstanding the docs anyway!

But if i'm not, what are people doing? With things that crop up after the creation time that is.

Are people e-mailing the mud for them when aspects/events in their characters' life aren't represented with the choice out there? Especially if your character isn't one that travels much. I feel hesistant in adding more individualised work for staff - although, maybe putting more tattoos into the lists of tattooists IS a lot of work. I really have no clue!

I'm trying to come round to the idea of playing with virtual tattoos, but it's not really appealing to the way my imagination works.

However, i'll roll with whatever!

Curious O