new player joining!

Started by Faceless, April 23, 2005, 07:03:35 PM

Quote from: "Faceless"after a little exploring around other muds, and actually giving this mud a proper chance, i've got into my first encounter with another people.

DAMN, i got goosebumps from it  :D

I must say im happy to have joined a mud with proper RP. the only sad this is the lack of people. i mean... where do i find other people? i was lucky this time, but who knows when i'll be lucky to find the next person?  :?

(ps, is talking about another muds allowed?)

The best places to find others are in Allanak and Tuluk, especially the taverns to start. Luirs also offers some great rp, but a smaller segment of the population.

Talking about other muds is tricky. It seems a little classless to bash the efforts of others, and so, we don't encourage that. Additionally, advertising for other muds was not the purpose of the forums.
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

oh, i was certainly not going to advertise for other muds. just give my impressions, comparing this mud with the others while i was straying trying to find a new 'home'  :wink:

Quote from: "Faceless"
I must say im happy to have joined a mud with proper RP. the only sad this is the lack of people. i mean... where do i find other people? i was lucky this time, but who knows when i'll be lucky to find the next person?  :?

One thing I have noticed is that the population ebs and flows over time.  At one time it may seem that you are the only person about,  in short order there are more people than you can handle.  Be patient durning the quiet times, use it to understand your character, people will come.  And if you are a resonably decent and interesting roleplayer, you'll find that people seek you out in time.  Stick with it, there are levels(depths?)  in this game that you can't even fathom yet from where you are.
quote="Morgenes"]
Quote from: "The Philosopher Jagger"You can't always get what you want.
[/quote]

It also helps to be around during prime time login hours - typically from 6-1 PM, Central time, or thereabouts. During peak hours, you can typically see anywhere from 50-70 PCs online, with a good portion of those people running around the major cities (Allanak and Tuluk).

Edited to add: a good way to help to make sure you have people around to RP with might be to join a clan. Joining a clan helps you solve those pesky "I have no food, water, or shelter" issues, and gives you folks to RP  around/with. Not to pimp out my own clans...but the T'zai Byn is often recommended for new players (and old) players.

Waaaaaay back in the day (nine years ago now), I remember the thing that got me hooked on Armageddon was getting into my first clan. That PC became my one of my longest lived, and the one that really "started" it all.

Glad to have a new addict.

Welcome to Armageddon!
Tlaloc
Legend

Ok. I'm coming in late on this, looks like everything is well covered.

damn, my fingers are cold. It's hard to type with cold fingers. Stupid university computer lab.

ANYWAY.

I have my traditional reccomendations:
1. Read the quick start.
2. Read the helpfiles. (just read, don't memorize)
3. read the rest of the docs.
4. Join the Byn with a human warrior.
5. Ask helpers for help. Helpers:
http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html

Cool. Late!