The way to think

Started by elvenchipmunk, April 16, 2005, 09:28:23 PM

(I decided to put in a pole in case someone asks me to later on) Think you should be able to possibly hear other's thoughts when in contact via the way?

Yes
8 (32%)
No
8 (32%)
Other (specify below)
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: April 16, 2005, 09:28:23 PM

I was just thinking, while my mind is contact with another's, wouldn't it be supercool :D if, when your mind was in contact with another's, if there was maybe a chance you could hear eachother's thought's? Depending on your skill level of course, but I think it'd be neat. Now I'm not sure if the way actually works that way, but I always figured it was pretty much whatever you were thinking that was sent to the other person's mind, or something like that. I know that you guys are going to say things like "We have mindbenders to hear thinks" (sorry if I'm wrong about you guys saying that, just trying to make a point :oops: ) but I think that there should be a chance.

If you don't understand at all what I'm trying to say, please feel free to say that.

:arrow:
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

IC information.  That's all I'm going to say.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Oh, okay. Didn't know that.

Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out Larrath.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

You're welcome. :)
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Please tell me wha'ts too IC about elvenchipmunk's post? I don't see it. Seems like he/she is just trying to ask opinions about something regarding the game and whether we think it should be changed or not. Seems like a reasonable question to me.

There is no need for this.  I'm not saying this out of opinion or arguementation, but merely fact.
Back from a long retirement

No need for what? I'm lost now.

Even if it means pm-ing me, will someone do me the simple courtesy of explaining why elvenchipmunk's post is too IC. I don't think that's too much to ask.

With the way, you are shaping your thought into something comprehendible for someone, and sending it to that one's mind.

If someone is able to pick up your thoughts before you send them, there is something wrong there.  That person, surely is getting too deep in your mind where he can pick up whatever thoughts he chooses to.
So it should be a "No" for random people to read your thoughts jus because you have mental contact.  It would require special talents to get down into someone's mind that deep.
some of my posts are serious stuff

I don't know, I think it would be cool as a very, very rare blip in the system.  Like having Heshrak appear on your skill list just from the occasional gith war cry, it is an anomoly, but kind of cool as an anomoly.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say the reason it's IC information is there might already be a way to do something like this. I have more ideas than that, but I won't put them here.
quote="www.baobobcomic.com"]Naturally, the worst happened. Soon we saw not only a PC, but one of those weird PCs who uses words I don't know in their sdesc. The podgy, dappled dickens-whelp.[/quote]

Quote from: "Cindrak"If I were to hazard a guess, I would say the reason it's IC information is there might already be a way to do something like this.

That's all that needs to be said. Leave the rest open for speculation, and find out IC.  :wink:

It's no secret that there is a psionic class.  It's in the karma docs.  Put 2 and 2 together, people.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]