More than one person on mounts?

Started by Hexxaex, April 16, 2005, 10:58:08 AM

I think it would be a great idea to be able to put more than one person on certain mounts that were big enough, like kanks or inix. It should probably tire the mount out faster, or just increase the movement delay by a bit, but it would be a good idea for those annoying times when you set up an outing for your group, and only half of them have mounts.

Thoughts?  Comments?  Problems?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Same topic was asked in "ask the staff" board before.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=66025#66025
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Not much of a solution to your problem, but this is what I have done in the past:

>subdue man
>mount
>east

It shows you dragging the target behind you, but I guess it's alright to roleplay them in your lap or behind you with arms wrapped about your waist.

Quote from: "Forest Junkie"Not much of a solution to your problem, but this is what I have done in the past:

>subdue man
>mount
>east

It shows you dragging the target behind you, but I guess it's alright to roleplay them in your lap or behind you with arms wrapped about your waist.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11600

Read that. It was finally declared by the players that subduing somebody, mounting and dragging them off is not dual-mounting, it is grabbing them by a limb and dragging them.

I feel sorry for that skinny I drug then. Poor twit.

There are several problems to this otherwise realistic and good idea.

:arrow: Will the main rider be able to prevent a secondary rider from jumping on?
:arrow: What will happen to the secondary if the main rider uses a skill like trample?
:arrow: How will this affect the mount?
:arrow: Will this lead to every five-man unit using a single inix?  If so, inix could become unbalanced by this.
:arrow: What happens if one rider attempts to attack the other rider?
:arrow: Will the secondary rider be able to take over the mount?
:arrow: Will a kank be able to run while having two people on its back?

There are probably more issues that I haven't thought about, but I am all in all in favor of this idea, just as long as it won't lead to whole T'zai Byn units riding a single inix everywhere.  It just makes me think too much about the oversized clowns riding the miniature car.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Forest Junkie"I feel sorry for that skinny I drug then. Poor twit.

I feel even more sorry for him, if by skinny you mean "elf", because elves don't ride, and I imagine riding BEHIND someone would be even more humiliating than managing one's own mount.

*Snicker*

Let's just say when push came to shove, he didn't shove back.