GDB (whatever it is called) flag

Started by Solas, April 01, 2005, 05:26:36 PM

I was wondering what people think in terms of having the choice to reset the flag you get with new threads on the GDB. I'm talking about the red and white paper before any name of thread that categorizes whether it's a new post or an old one.

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I simply want to ignore certain threads, and after passing over the thread by going to the GDB index, I'm not sure if a new thread has been made in that particular forum (since if you skip a red thread, it leaves the entire forum flagged as red).

Hopefully I'm not confusing anyone.

I use the 'mark all topics as read' link in the upper right hand corner when I'm finished with a group. Of course, it goes back when that thread you want to avoid gets posted to again, but at least you don't have to wonder if it's old or new stuff making the flag orange.

I set the new topics address as a bookmark.  http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/search.php?search_id=newposts  That gives you a nice list of all the new threads since the last time you visited, from there it is easy to ignore threads you don't like.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

In addition, my browser turns topic headings that I've visited recently a different color. It'll stay a different color up to 7 days, if I don't visit it within that week's time. After that it'll return back to the original color.

I imagine most browsers allow for this, no? I'm using Netscape.