Timing

Started by Aryan, March 31, 2005, 06:00:34 AM

A lean, square-jawed woman says to you, 'Keep this ticket and come back later.'
A lean, square-jawed woman gives you a vellum ticket.

Is it possible for the code to tell you exactly how long it will takes? Each item takes different time to complete.

For experience player, you might know how long it will take. But for newbie, they wouldn't know.
rmageddon is the game that I enjoy most!!!!

Use 'offer <item>' before you have it tailored, and you'll be informed of both the time and the cost.
I also believe that trying to offer a ticket too soon will have you told to come back in X hours.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I think attempting to give it back, will just make her say "I am not finished yet."  Though I might be wrong.

Using "offer" beforehand, will make her tell you how long of a time and how much of a cost it will take though.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Usually if you 'offer ticket' they tell you to come back in X hours. I know some of them do this, I don't know if all NPCs of that type do.

I'd definitely offer the piece first before I get it tailored.  That way you'll know how long you've got to wait to get it back.  Different items take different lengths of time to be finished, so it's going to vary from piece to piece.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

And it may be cheaper to have tailored where those materials of that item are more readily found.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Aryan"A lean, square-jawed woman says to you, 'Keep this ticket and come back later.'

Is it possible for the code to tell you exactly how long it will takes? Each item takes different time to complete.

For experience player, you might know how long it will take. But for newbie, they wouldn't know.

How are you a helper without knowing this?
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Tamarin"How are you a helper without knowing this?
It's clear that Aryan cheated on his helper certification test and for not knowing every mechanic in Armageddon he should be booted from the fraternal order of Helpers.

I am disgusted someone would try to help withought knowing all first.

Helpers can never learn more.

I would hate to see a helper asking questions in an effort to learn more.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

I don't think a helper is supposed to know -everything-.

He is supposed to know some of the things about the game in detail, but come on people.. There is a human being behind that screen.  No need to be too harsh.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Pfft.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Tamarin"
Quote from: "Aryan"A lean, square-jawed woman says to you, 'Keep this ticket and come back later.'

How are you a helper without knowing this?

Perhaps Aryan's never played a character who had to get anything tailored before or has always played characters who got others to do it.

Point is: you learn something every day and I don't think anybody should be rediculed for asking any serious question about Arm, or about anything actually.

*throws a brick at Tamarin for good measure*  Yeah.

Being a Helper isn't usually about knowing semi-obscure facts and being able to survive a lightning round with one hand behind your back and a jambiya up your ass.
More often it's about basic, non-code questions such as how to get a job, or roughly how much 'sid one should keep aside for a rainy day, or why they really don't want to play a half-elf as their first PC and just don't know it yet.

Don't mess with the Helpers or we'll bury you up to your neck in the Red Desert and kill everything within a four-room radius so you'll have to solo-rp forerver.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?