merchant tokens

Started by Dreamcatcher, March 30, 2005, 01:42:36 PM

How much does one cost and who do I talk to to get one?
heres bone dust in my throat and everything is dead, but it's alright.....

Merchant tokens are issued by templars in the city-states.  The fee is probably standard in their documentation, but that doesn't mean everyone pays the same thing.  As tokens are generally requested by new players, however, I imagine that the cost is kept bearable.  (I'd expect a few hundred 'sid).

Of course, the templar may be in the middle of something or in a bad mood, or perhaps not like the shirt you're wearing.  This will obviously result in a standard markup of 300% as cited in the critically acclaimed "To Kill or Not to Kill - A Red Robe's Guide to Interpreting Commoner Requests" by Faust.

If you have trouble finding a PC templar, you can always find an NPC one on the streets and start to RP with them.  Wish up once and ask if anyone is able to help you acquire a merchant's token.  That doesn't mean it will happen, but perhaps one of the staff is bored and feeling helpful.

-LoD

You really should find out this information IC.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"You really should find out this information IC.

Not really. Why you should get a merchant token, and how, should be general knowledge IMO for any merchant character that is going to be in Allanak, especially if the merchant has lived his entire childhood life with a bussiness family. (where else would he learn to be a merchant?)

Sorry, forgot the context of the original post.

How much it costs, you need to find out in-game.

I think it is supposed to be common knowledge that they are purchased from templars, as it is mentioned in at least two places on the armageddon website:

http://www.armageddon.org/~sanvean/muds/faq.html

and

http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/show_help?petition

Try and find a PC templar first though, before bothering the imms about it.

- In Allanak there is merchant token, In Tuluk there is trading license.

- The costs of those depends between templar to templar, and merchant's citizenship, race, etc..

- If a merchant wants to make trade with people who are not in merchant Houses (This means you do not have to possess a token or license to sell your items to Salarr shop, Kadius Hut, etc.), s/he must have the license or token. That's the law, if you wish to learn more about details of the law, best to ask your templar.. heh.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

It's not that difficult to find this stuff out IG.  Seriously.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"It's not that difficult to find this stuff out IG.  Seriously.

It isn't difficult to find out what a kank is IG either.
Back from a long retirement

The pricing part of the question should indeed be addressed ICly.  

I do agree, however, that the general process is something the average citizen would've heard of (but not every player would have).  That's been answered.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!