Dynamic timezone stamps?

Started by Incognito, March 29, 2005, 09:44:31 AM

I guess this relates more to the GDB than to the code of Mud per se.

Playing from a non US timezone,  I'm always faced with the problem of converting times mentioned in various posts, to my own timezone.

Is there any way possible for us to post time on this board, which would be converted according to the geographical timezone set in one's own profile, when you hover your mouse over it? Or some other easier way?

For example, if someone from NY posted in their msg that an RPT was going to occur at 10pm EST; and if I moved my mouse over the time, it would show the equivalent time in my timezone (provided the pre-defined timezone in my profile is different from EST.)
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Email the suggestion to Brixius.  I don't know if this feature is available for PHP, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

Or..could everyone make an effort to use GMT where appropriate?  8)
That beauty and truth should pass utterly

Less built in, but you can bookmark a place like:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Note the time zone picker button. Only problem is if someone from New York says EST in the summer when they mean EDT. I seem to recall the Arm server was originally hosted in Iowa somewhere, so times also end up being in CST. I'm a lazy californian, so when I arrange times, I post them in PST and make the world conform to me ;) Feel free to do the same. I don't mind using a converter when I need to.