New players - please end main desc on a NEW LINE

Started by Praetorian, March 25, 2005, 01:12:46 AM

Lately I have noticed a series of characters in game that when looked at, have their sdesc tagged on against the end of their main description, not on a seperate line.  This can be avoided by hitting return at the end of your main description writing during character creation, and THEN using @ or ~ or whatever to close out that editor.  If you close out that editor right at the end of your main description I believe it forces the sdesc to shift up to what the code perceives as the end of your main description - which is in truth on the same line as part of your main description.

Granted, it is a minor thing which is why I haven't been typoing those characters or anything, but doing so would sort of standardize the flow of information in the game when looking at someone.

I suspect that the point of main description termination is a bit difficult for reviewing imms to spot, or isn't regarded as an important enough aspect to require adjustment, but ultimately it -does- in my opinion look better if with future characters you try to keep it in mind :)

Note: If a recent code change is causing the shift, or if something is hokey with my mud client, I apologize *grin*  I only notice it on a handful of pcs though.

- Praetorian the Picky

I've noticed that quite often as well.  And I've seen two that were horribly, awfully NOT formatted and painful to look at.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

DSL had a nice (presumably) modified editor. That might be public, for all I know. While not a lot is written in Arm, since most people are illiterate, it would be nice to have a fully-functioning editor for description writing and other similar things.

You can always typo these people.  I've done it in the past.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"You can always typo these people.  I've done it in the past.

I typically do, especially the ones whose mdescs aren't formatted.

.f is your friend!!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".