Henna

Started by Anonymous, March 07, 2005, 09:14:05 PM

Is it possible to "use henna" to decorate oneself?

Is there such a coded item IG?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Yup.  :-D
"a small pouch of henna"

Henna is a hair dye.  If you roleplay out using it, you can wish up to have your hair color changed (assuming you dont' do this too often, because there is a limit to the number of ldesc/sdesc changes you can have).

Henna is a dye, period.  It's most often used to paint temporary tattoos on the body.
Though this would be a great addition to the game, I don't think henna tattoos are currently coded or usable.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Henna is also used to dye clothes, stonework, and to create temporary tattooes on the skin. At least in real life it is. You could use it as an RP prop I suppose to do the same in the game.

If you look around you'll also find other cosmetics like Kohl and jars of stuff that looks like lip gloss or moisturizer and stuff.  As far as I know none of it does anything code wise, but may be worth having around as props if your character wears cosmetics.  If your character has henna rinsed hair or henna tattoos in her description, then keeping a packet of henna on hand explains how you maintain the look.  If you happen to be a rich person with a fancy bedroom, these are good things to keep on your dressing table if you want to look girly and confound would-be burglars by having heaps and heaps of completely useless items lying around for them to steal.

You can also find perfumes, and they do have an effect: They change your smell from "dust and sweat" so that you smell pretty when people Sniff you.  Useful for covering the scent of spice or for those days when you just don't feel fresh.   :twisted:

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins