Spice 'n Stamina

Started by Anonymous, March 02, 2005, 09:34:50 PM

I just recently made a char. who took some spice and then I noticed that every ten steps he took he lost three stamina, is this normal with spice, I have done it before but maybe I didn't notice. I cheked encumbrance and walking speed so any answer would help, thanks.

Where were you walking? In the middle of the hot desert? In the middle of a nice and cool alleyway?

Where you walking? Running? Sneaking?

Is your character not well-endured?

If none of these questions answer why, then I'd say it was the spice you were smoking. There are disadvantages to stamina for Zalanthian smokers as well.  :wink:

...or it was just a bug.

Where you are walking might be your answer.  Inside the city, usually there is no stamina loss.  If not encumbrance or hunger or dehydration.

Out in the sands, the sand makes your travel harder, and the sun bakes your head.  So there is a stamina loss out in the desert.

In the scrubs, walking is relatively easier.  It is not as difficult as the desert, so you lose lesser stamina when compared with the desert.

On roads, you walk even more easily.  So you lose even less stamina than you lose on the scrubs.

Some tunnels, as indicates in their main description can be extremely difficult to walk (like the surface can be sticky and extremely tiring).  So there you might lose very much stamina in each league you walk.

If you are in a place, where you are not supposed to lose stamina when walking but still you are losing, the type of spice might be the trouble.  Although, I am not very good with the spice and its effects, but they differ from one another.  Making you lose three stamina points at each league, I never heard of such a spice.  Again though, I am not good with spice effects.

And just to let you know, spice does not put you into disadvantage.  It gives you some advantage first, and kicks you later.  Like using a doping.
some of my posts are serious stuff

No, I checked everything encumbrance was light,I was walking and I was in the middle  of the city. My endurance is exceptional too.

Quote from: "Ghost"And just to let you know, spice does not put you into disadvantage.  It gives you some advantage first, and kicks you later.  Like using a doping.

That's kind of a broad statement.  Different spices do vastly different things.  Whether they are advantageous or not depends heavily on the variety of spice and the situation.  I could imagine plenty of cases in which certain spice highs would be VERY disadvantageous.

All that talk aside, I think the answer to this thread's question is very much like the answer to "Sleeping" by (presumably) the same Anonymous Kank.

Quote from: "Anonymous"No, I checked everything encumbrance was light,I was walking and I was in the middle  of the city. My endurance is exceptional too.

It may be the city you're in as well. Say you are in Luirs.. not on a main road, but ohh.. the market yard. I've noticed that has an effect on stamina.
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg