Just a niggle...

Started by Anonymous, March 01, 2005, 09:33:05 PM

alot = WRONG!

a lot = RIGHT!

Thanks  :wink:

A-fucking-men.

And for what it's worth: allot = to reserve a quantity of something, as in, allotment of spice.

So Is this right?

Is their allotment of a lot of spice going over there? They're getting pretty lazy since they have to allot spice every day to save for the future.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

It looks pretty awkward the way you worded it, but as far as I can tell it isn't incorrect. Normally an "allotment" implies a specified amount, reserved for a specified party, not merely "a lot."

QuoteIs their allotment of a lot of spice going over there? They're getting pretty lazy since they have to allot spice every day to save for the future.

I'd probably change it:

Is their allotment of three knots of spice going over there? They're getting pretty lazy if they have to allot that much for themselves every day, just to save up for the future.

I know the forum says "General Discussion", but this does seem excessive.

This seems like it will just go down in flames and there is another thread devoted to this sort of thing at the moment. I'm gonna lock this down.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.