Tweankish Contact

Started by TripleX, February 11, 2005, 09:37:53 PM

I'd help Maybe42or54 with the hoods pentalies. I'm sure a lot of other players would, too. But I don't want to duplicate work, either.

Perhaps the Imms could start having "Work Pools" of simple things that need basic going through, and can set individual volunteers on. This would go beyond the "project" pages.

No.

I only think this should be implemented if main desc being hidden from the objects or combination of objects is added as well. As it is, there are more unrealistic OOCLY beneficial coded negatives for the ones trying to keep their identities secret.

I say both or none on this subject.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"If I got permission, I would starts the little project of going through items and suggesting defense negatives.

Have you even actually thought about this?  At all?  "Suggesting defense negatives" doesn't mean plucking numbers out of the thin air.  Those numbers have to GO somewhere.  They have to be integrated in the code somehow and DO something.  This cloak has a -4 penalty!!!!!  -4 on a scale of what to what?  What will this 4 be deducted from, and what is the possible scale of values from which it will be deducted?  How much will this -4 actually affect things?  You'd need an indepth knowledge of the combat code in order to suggest anything of any significance.  

I don't know why non-imms and (almost certainly) non-coders so often insist on arguing with the imms to tell them that something they've said will be a lot of effort will actually be very simple.  As it is, the Imms DO have a list of projects where they are soliciting player help.  Help out with those.  In the projects for which they aren't asking us for help, there are reasons they don't need player help.  They aren't hiding out in some back room filled with cigar smoke cackling about the latest easy-to-code feature they don't want players to have.  They are making the world.  Give them a break!

This isn't a one of a kind mud codebase joy.
Armor already gives bonuses to defense just like a Hack and slash.
But thank you for your contempt.
And I am sure the imms love you for your uppityness.
And If they trusted me to do this and gave me the go ahead, I would do it. All your bickering aside..

So, for the cause of everyone's Joy, joy. Go belittle someone else.

Oh and when was I arguing? I said I would -assist-. ASSIST

I'm not creative enough to design clothes for the poor, dirty crap for everyone, or any other thing that require a lot of thinking.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Maybe42or54"Hell, I can go through all the cloaks and hooded items and suggest them.
QuoteI say live with it the way it is because it's most likely too much work for too little a problem.

Is that why we have "look mirror"?
Or.. Some clothes offer very visible bonuses to your HP, Stamina, and Stun?
Or why we have many of the coded commands that add very little to the game, but every time I see them I go, "Wow, arm is such a great game."

If I got permission, I would starts the little project of going through items and suggesting defense negatives.
Go ahead and start going through them...but you really don't know what you'll be suggesting.

The fact that some items were made with bonusses or negatives for other things in the past doesn't mean that going through all of them and adding new bonusses or negatives would be easy or quick.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

I find it interesting that when a guy offers to help out, he still gets pounced on.

Hrm. Interesting.

I'm not pouncing on anyone, Agent.  I'm telling him that he can't do what he's offering to do.  I'm not telling him he's not up to it, or that he's not smart enough, but simply that he can only give uneducated advice and that some staff member will have to actually do the work.  I'm also saying that this staff member would have to go through every single item and make sure they are balanced and with some amount of penalty or not, etc, and he doesn't have any understanding of how much work this would be, nor could he, without being staff.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

Quote from: "Agent_137"I find it interesting that when a guy offers to help out, he still gets pounced on.

Hrm. Interesting.

I think it's great he's offering to contribute to the game. But, I think it's just a bad, bad, bad idea.

Imms don't want me to.
Players don't want me to.
Seems I am out.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Putting a possibility for your hood to go down during a combat..

... Or your veil...

Would be easier and maybe in place I think.
some of my posts are serious stuff