Clan equiptment.

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2005, 11:35:05 PM

Just an idea here, in movies and RL to i guess, spies that are trying to enter an enemies hq usually attain a uniform to pass the guards. So i was thinking that maybe for each house or clan there could be a piece of armor or something that would let you past the guards, but if you were recruited, then you wouldn't need it but keep it for fucks sake. So for example, an assassin hired to kill of Mr.Fatass of House Whatever, takes out a newly recruited person then puts on all of his gear (assuming that it fits) therefore the guards just think of him as being a new unfamiliar recruit so they let him pass, boom hes in, he kills Mr.Fatass and gets out.

I just thought this might be a cool thing,any thoughts?

It is a cool idea, and it makes sense, but there's a lot of problems with it.  It'd be abused pretty easily. NPCs wouldn't be capable of reacting when someone with a stolen uniform starts looting every item out of a clan's barracks.

Yeah, if you want to do something super cool reminicent of Mission Impossible like this, it is better to do it _without_ code support.  Ok, it might encourage people to change out of their uniforms when they are off duty and planning to go beat up a few 'rinthers or tregils for fun, and that would be a good thing, but the sneaking in ability would get abused like a five dollar catamite.  If you've aquired a uniform or other good way to finesse your way past the gate guards, then wish up and ask the staff to help you.  They like a good spy story as much as the next guy.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Yeah, if you want to do something super cool reminicent of Mission Impossible like this, it is better to do it _without_ code support.  Ok, it might encourage people to change out of their uniforms when they are off duty and planning to go beat up a few 'rinthers or tregils for fun, and that would be a good thing, but the sneaking in ability would get abused like a five dollar catamite.  If you've aquired a uniform or other good way to finesse your way past the gate guards, then wish up and ask the staff to help you.  They like a good spy story as much as the next guy.

AC

But I don't want the Immortals watching me! They might actually make the NPCs ask questions and stuff! I'll need a good cover story and all that crap. Sheesh!

But that stuff is fun!!!

The sneaky-eyed undercover agent says, "Uhhh, yeah, I just got hired by Chosen Lord Rockefeller."

The burly guard shakes his head and says, "We ain't got no Chosen Lord Rockefeller uufhhghhgh."

The sneaky-eyed undercover agent shrugs and walks away, his knife protuding from the burly guard's chest.

Snorting as he slips down the darkened corridor, the sneaky-eyed undercover agent says, "Maybe I should have said Fancy-pants."
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I agree, if you're going to sneak in, find some  way other than an insta-key wrist brace or something. Sneaking into a place like that shouldn't be as easy as strolling into an unlocked, empty apartment. Where there's a will there's a way and all that jazz. If you want into some place badly enough, you can probably find a way if you work at it hard enough. Or find someone else who knows how to get in, learn from the already experienced and all that.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

That seems so dick-and-fart MUD though.  It seems to much like a video game.  If you wanted to do it, just get ahold of the clan's armbands (by gang beating a new recruit :twisted: ) and wish up to the imms and be like:

wish all Hey, I got this clan equipment, and I'd like to sneak past the guards at the gates of House Ontherock.

If you were hired to assassinate a noble, the imms would probably have something to do with it anyways, so...
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!