Karma and Clans

Started by My 2 sids, February 04, 2005, 10:40:09 AM

In my experience, I've had 10 "leaders" above me. 7 were really good leaders, 2 were alright and one was OMFG HOW DID HE GET PROMOTED.

I think it is perfect that way.

And I have had the most fun playing my leaders, they always start out bad and work their way to greatness, one missing finger at a time.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Discriminating against a new leader because you OOCly know he didn't actually get all his battle-scars in-game is just wrong, though.

Granted, I do STRONGLY believe that history played out in the game always seems much stronger than history written in one's background and usually makes for a much better character.  But still, from everyone else's IC point of view it should be no different.  

Besides, said character probably exists to help get a failing clan/unit back on its feet rather than because some player special app'ed an advanced character out of laziness.

Back on topic: I don't think Karma should let you special app for a role like this.  As I said, I think these roles should be offered by the staff to help suffering clans, not requested by players who want skill/social boosts.