I'm probably that raider

Started by moab, January 29, 2005, 05:02:10 PM

Hey, I just killed some PC on Friday so I think the locked post was (possibly) my prey.

Just for the record (hope I don't get in trouble for this - but there's nothing much IC about it.

1. I approached you and started a conversation and you stood up, said two words and walked away without a single emote.

2. I then watched you walk up (while I was following you) and attack a mob with no emote whatsoever.

3. I then took the opportunity to attack you.

4. Then, (after you fled) I found you, spoke to you, and attacked you again.  Again, nothing from you but flee.

5. I then followed you and killed you.

So it goes.  Next time beg and maybe I'll just take your water and sids.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

It's a courtesy to create a good scene for the PC which will most probably die.

But in kill or die situations, the story is different.  it's hard to expect to create scenes.. That's something only the best RPers and/or fast keyboard typers can do...
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Being potentially close to death doesn't mean you should stop communicating with the other players.

Yes, there's andrenaline, and we all feel it...but it's still possible to play without it.  Even basic two-three words says and emotes are something.
Just think about the realism, really.  In an IC sense, that raider may be a much faster rider than you are.  He might have friends surrounding you.  Whatever.

Just promise this to yourself: "Next time that I am involved in a raiding scene, I will play out the interaction using speech and/or emotes."
Sometimes it's IC to run.  It's possible to emote -that-, too.
Emote being startled or whatever, jumping back on your kank, see how the raider reacts...make something out of the whole thing instead of just trying to see whose broadband is superior to whose.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I get that adreniline pumping when I'm about to die, but I always emote fleeing. I have a habit of being blocked into taverns while some templar or another has been psi'd and is on his way. I don't waste much time RPing in these situations, but I at least always give an emote to establish that I'm about to flee like the dickens.

I tried my hand at raiding once. I emoted standing over the guy, sword drawn while he was sitting down.  All I got was he quickly stood up, mounted his kank, draw a weapon, sheathed it, drew another, then ran off.
:cry:
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!

Please do not post either in attack or in defense of specific roleplay events on these forums.  The previous thread was locked because it was just such a thread.  This thread will also be locked.  Also, when a thread is locked, that's usually a good hint that we don't want people to follow up on it in OTHER threads.

-- X