Too excited? I was only sparring!

Started by Hexxaex, January 26, 2005, 03:47:01 PM

It might not be a big problem for some people, but it can be a problem when you want to do one quick spar before quitting the game.  Lots of times I've had to leave just after a spar, but I would have to wait for a while so I could "calm down".

Is there a way that the code can be modified to differentiate from sparring and actual fighting, so there isn't any after-combat excitement?
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Code-wise there is no difference between sparring or actual combat. Only the weapons are different.

While this has been a minor irritation for me a few times, I usually stand up from the computer, take a leak or put on my sneakers, and then come back to log off. What is the noquit timer? 2 minutes? Whatever it is, it's not long.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

First I thought maybe sparring rooms could be coded to cancel the wait state. But then, sometimes a real fight breaks out there.

Unless the code was changed to make sparring different then acctual fighting ... I don't see how it'd be possible. And it'd be more effort then what you'd get out of it.

So, to sum it up, stick it out the few minutes.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Or you could sparr with VNPCs, you don't get excited over that...at least, I hope not.  :wink:

To differentiate sparring from fighting, you could implement a "change" code.

"change style sparring"
"change style fighting"

Or something similar.

You could only engage in a sparring match if both participants are set to "sparring" and anyone else that joins in must be set to "sparring" as well.

Sparring would be just like regular fighting, except that the "death" would occur when you have 25% of your health or something like that left.

Might be worth it.
And since all participants need to be set to "sparring" there wont be any twinkish behavior like sparring someone down to 25% hp, switching to regular fighting, and then knocking down the rest, while they continue to stop hitting you when you get to 25% hp.

No, it is fine the way it is.
It stops the twinks from sparring then logging out so they can log back in after their chores are done.
It may not be bad because logging out is ooc, but then those very same people had better not complain of "This clan suxors, noone is ever around."

This way they -have- to wait a little while so if by chance their leader PC logs on to them jsut idling until they can log off, me and others like me will go "think ooc, Don't promote him." Why would I do that? Because then the player is not reliable enough to show newbies how to play the game and therefor aren't good at being a leader at all.

It is good regulation. And besides, if you get the shit beat out of you, You should be a little excited or anxious.

So to restate my point.
Hell no

If you have no time and you-have- to log off, quit sparring sooner.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Basically, as the others have said, it's the same as combat.  It's not worth taking the time to coding a difference in sparring and fighting, to only get rid of a few minutes of "too excited" time.  If you know you have to go, don't enter combat.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev