Re: Sitting/Standing

Started by Xamminy, January 14, 2005, 10:47:53 AM

Here's the echo:

> stand bar
You stand at a long, scarred bar of agafari wood.

You can not stand 'on' something code-wise.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

so 'stand at bar' or 'stand at table' means you're standing nearby (and listening to the conversation) but not having a seat?  Does it take up one of the chairs?  Can half-giants do it?

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"so 'stand at bar' or 'stand at table' means you're standing nearby (and listening to the conversation) but not having a seat?
It means you are standing right next to the table, in place of one of the chairs.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Does it take up one of the chairs?
It takes up one of the slots that could be used for chairs.  So a space at a bar or around a table can be used either for chairs or for people standing, but not both.  However, you can have both chairs & people standing around a table or at a bar.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Can half-giants do it?
yes
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: "Nidhogg"New players may not be aware that one -can- sit via the code.
Um...I'm inclined to believe that anyone that can 'change ldesc is sitting at the puce table.' should know that they can actually use the 'sit' command.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

I played something once where they had the ldesc thing going on but not seats. Not sure what it was. Mostly, I just play Arm.
idhogg

Ask me if I'm a tree

I've played at a few other muds that had 'change ldesc', same syntax and everything, but they did -not- have coded seating. *shrugs* I've been guilty of changing ldesc, emoting pulling out the chair and slumping into it, and the promptly forgetting to 'sit table'. I wouldn't immediately jump to the conclusion that "OMFG! They're fucking CHEATING!" Some people just forget.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Doesn't ldesc reset when you "Sit"?

I do it too, so I have stopped changing ldesc and emoting before I sit.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Heh.  Okay, let me rephrase, I'd HOPE that anyone that can change ldesc would have figured out sitting.

Yes, when you change position, your ldesc changes.  That is why you change position and then change ldesc.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!