Mutter poll

Started by elvenchipmunk, January 11, 2005, 11:32:03 AM

Do you want a mutter (whisper self) command?

Yes.
35 (68.6%)
No.
16 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: January 11, 2005, 11:32:03 AM

Here is the poll.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

It'd be nifty (espicially if there was some way of detecting it for other PCs), but it's certainly not a priority.
I'd use it, anyways.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I voted no, not because it isn't a cool idea, but because other things are more important.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

I voted "yes" because it is a cool idea, and it isn't terribly important.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I agree with sarahjc.  There are many more things that I want to see in the game before something like this.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "sarahjc"I voted no, not because it isn't a cool idea, but because other things are more important.

I voted yes because it is a cool idea and I'm willing to let the people who do the actual coding determine what is and isn't more important to the game.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

I voted yes because it could be a simple change to allow 'whisper self' instead of some new command that would duplicate the effects.  Also, this would open a whole new dynamic for RP.  One that I think is lacking.  People have to emote muttering, meaning NOONE could hear them?  Unrealistic.  I vote, 'Aye.'
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I voted no because I won't vote for other code changes until the glorious day when the staff either gives us hemote or says they won't ever do such a thing.

I voted yes.  This seems like it'd be simple enough to code and would be in no way unbalancing.

What is this "hemote" thing anyway?  I've heard the term several times but still don't know what it means.  EDIT: nevermind, found it.  Sometimes I forget about the search function on this forum.

I voted No, just to feck with everyone who voted yes!  Actually, I think it's a good and simple change to add.  Go for it!!
dropped everything and held my breath. This could not be happening. This was not my life. I began panting, all alone in a locked cubicle in a half-decent restaurant in France with a dead tapeworm hanging out my ass.

Crashloft wrote:
QuoteI voted No, just to feck with everyone who voted yes! Actually, I think it's a good and simple change to add. Go for it!!

Umm....wouldn't it be better if you had voted yes then? I mean, if you think it's a neat, simple and good idea, why not vote yes?
(unless you did and were just saying you didn't to actaully feck with everyone)

Hope there's more people who vote yes to come.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Yes, because I want me Backstabbing runners to mutter behind my back without any fear of me over hearing.

It may not be needed, but hey, we had seasoning put in, and I'm afraid mutter would be more used then that.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I voted yes because I want to create a backstabbing runner that always mutters to himself behind 42-54's back.  :wink:

I voted aye because I would love to mutter insanely about that person who happens to be annoying me a lot and now I can do it, without having to depend on him  hearing it all the time when I use

talk (mutters quietly to himself) What an asshole..

Now mutter (looking bothered) $#%#$...

And what's wrong with talking to myself, I want to talk to myself!
Lovehina- Ken Akamatsu

I'm all for it, great idea.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."