CAB - Criminal Apprehending Behavior

Started by Kankman, January 05, 2005, 11:25:41 AM

People like to whine about the CRIME code all the time. (Yes CRIME, not crim - add a fucking letter to make it a word you lazy bastards) Personally, I've never really had a problem with it. As harsh and unforgiving as it is, it suits Zalanthas perfectly, regardless of whoever thinks they "twinkishly" lost a potentially uber PC to a "bug" in the code.

However, being the kind and gracious individual that I am, I have a simple (I hope) proposition to make things better for everyone.

NPC Soldiers should be programmed to have mercy on when fighting PCs. Simple enough to add the code check, if Armageddon woks anything like most other DIKU muds then it shouldn't be too hard to add an (IF_VICTIM_IS_!NPC) check. But let's leave that to the coders.

For us players, I think it could solve a whole lot of problems. More criminals would survive to get their nasty interrogations. Those "buggy" crime-code deaths would stop entirely. As long as the near lifeless bodies were brought to the jail cells like normal, then it doesn't allow uber twinks to run around fearless of the law.

So everyone chime in, tell the immortals what a genious I am, and pass around the petition.

You should get your wisdom teeth pulled more often.

I agree. When I was in the position to order other soldiers, first thing I always did was put their mercy on.

Edit: In fact, in light of Ashyom's post, I now think my longest lived character to date survived an encounter with the militia soley because of the mercy flag change. I sure as heck would've hated to die that way, since it was a mistake on my part, though explainable enough ICly.

So uh.. w00t for evolution.

Quote from: "Kankman"
... if Armageddon woks anything like most other DIKU muds then it shouldn't be too hard to add an (IF_VICTIM_IS_!NPC) check. But let's leave that to the coders.

It's if (!IS_NPC(vict))
// Then follows with
{
SET_BIT(ch->act, PLR_MERCY);
return;
}

*Edited to fix coding error, Meh.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Edited because I decided not to post what I originally posted.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

I, as the common criminal *every time I make a character!!!!!* think it's a good idea to hav the guard's mercy toggled on.  

Also, I think that you could be able to turn no save on in the middle of a fight with a guard, and instead of them wailing on you to death, as soon as the no save comes on they subdue you and drag you off to be Bubba's bitch.  

You could RP it like saying "Okay, I give up"  It'd be cewl.

But the most effective thing, if it is possible, would be to add a space between them entering, subduing you, yelling at you, drawing their weapons, and attacking you!!!
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!

Quote from: "halfhuman"I, as the common criminal *every time I make a character!!!!!* think it's a good idea to hav the guard's mercy toggled on.  

Also, I think that you could be able to turn no save on in the middle of a fight with a guard, and instead of them wailing on you to death, as soon as the no save comes on they subdue you and drag you off to be Bubba's bitch.  

You could RP it like saying "Okay, I give up"  It'd be cewl.

But the most effective thing, if it is possible, would be to add a space between them entering, subduing you, yelling at you, drawing their weapons, and attacking you!!!

Its hard to do that in the middle of a fight with about a dozen itchy Allanaki guards that do nothing but very hards on your neck.. Mercy is a great idea though.. lol
We shall step up preparations for possible military struggle and enhance our capabilities to cope with crises, safeguard peace, prevent wars and win the wars if any," Hu

I give this man much respect for this comment.