Instant gender detection through emotes

Started by Deva, December 29, 2004, 04:32:23 AM

Quote from: "Cuusardo"If you are playing a character that is supposed to be androgynous, include "its" in your emotes rather than he or she, or just leaving them out all together.
I don't believe this will help with the automatic echoes of some actions like getting something from your pack or cloak or something.

If I was going to play a PC that was a secret female, I'd just make a male PC so I could avoid all this.  When the pants come off I'd emote that there was a vagina surprise.

Quote from: "CRW"
Quote from: "Cuusardo"If you are playing a character that is supposed to be androgynous, include "its" in your emotes rather than he or she, or just leaving them out all together.
I don't believe this will help with the automatic echoes of some actions like getting something from your pack or cloak or something.

If I was going to play a PC that was a secret female, I'd just make a male PC so I could avoid all this.  When the pants come off I'd emote that there was a vagina surprise.

Boy would that ever be a suprise.  :shock:

The short figure in the dark hooded cloak is here.

> look short glancing at !short

So and so looks at The short figure in the dark hooded cloak glancing at her.

! gets you the gender as well....

It's everywhere!!!!
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Actually, I enjoy Assess -v.

The tall, gangly elf looks at you.

assess -v elf
They look about your hieght.
They look lighter than you.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I must say this. If you, the target of my emotes and says and such, are not clearly pointing out that you are a man/woman, or masquarading as a man/woman, via your own emotes and says, then I am going to go with what the code tells me. If the code tells me that you are a man/woman, then I am going to address you as a man/woman until or unless you paint for me what your character should look like, or should resemble.

After all, I can't see. All I can do is what the code tells me to do.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

as far as the voice changing thing, i do have a thought, though this might be sidetracking things. i find it pausible that someone of one gender might conceal their origins completely.

Case in point. A nice jewish guy I know has become a nice, non-practicing jewish woman by the name of Aerial Valquerie. Does she get avoided as a mutant freak? Well.. occasioanlly. But! Is she ever seen as a woman? Yes indeed, and little makes her happier or prouder. She has been studying voice applications. Apparently there are tapes for that.

Applicably, I'm sure there are techniques in a primitive world which would be equally effictive.

IMHO if your character is one gender and trying to switch to another, disregard the "it" idea and just go with being whichever you like, it sounds like you're already doing this. Because this is unusual enough I'd suggest training yourself to stay away from the ~object commands and others that might give you away instead of expecting other players to get your drift.

In a world so non-sex bias as Armageddon.
Would it really be that hard to change from man to woman (or Vice versa) in a world where woman and men are boobs, and a couple other things different?

Homosexuality is commonplace, men and women wear mostly the same clothes, the do the same exact things.

None of my characters have had any problem figuring out if that guy is a woman. (Ok.. so he has problems figuring out who is male and who is female)
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime