New maps, yay!

Started by Bestatte, December 22, 2004, 09:36:15 AM

Awesome update on the maps, and -much- more newbie-friendly links. I'm not sure if it's my client, or if it's a map typo though, but this:

[MORE]                                      \=                  |Z=  U
                                                         \=/  U

...shows up on the last part of help map_tuluk and doesn't seem to correspond with anything.

Also, on the "related" part, Map Allanak should be map_allanak since typing the former will come up with an error. That's in the game itself, I didn't try it on the website.

Thanks SO much for this, I think a lot of new players will find it infinitely easier to find their way around now (and not try looking for places that are no longer accessible).

That last bit is happening because of your 'pagelength'.  Try increasing your pagelength and looking again (use the pagelength command)
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Ah thanks Halaster, worked like a charm.

The last time I tried doing anything with pagelength was when I tried getting the infobar to work on mushclient. I ended up being such a bloody mess I gave up and decided to never -EVER- try touching pagelength again.

Moral of the story:

Trust in teh Halaster (until he kills you).

Bestatte,

Also, on the "related" part, Map Allanak should be map_allanak since typing the former will come up with an error. That's in the game itself, I didn't try it on the website.

What error are you getting when typing 'help map allanak'?  It works fine for me in game.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I just now got around to looking at these... holy crap nice job!

I believe Morgenes changed the map so that it fits on two screens if you use the default line length (24) so people who haven't changed this setting will see the maps nicely.