Irony?

Started by Rhyden, December 21, 2004, 08:01:16 PM

Next up, an indepth discussion of every line in the song "Isn't it ironic" to determine if the senarios presented do or do not portray irony.  :roll:
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Spoon"It's ironic that magickers are treaterd badly in a magicker's state.

While this has not been said word-for-word in the origional post, if you perhapss read between the lines this thread might actually have something to do with the world of Zalanthas, and not just people trying to out-dictionary each other.

So the original post was about whether or not people found this ironic.  I'm not trying to outdictionary anyone, I'm sticking to the topic.  I don't view it as ironic.  The laws makes perfect sense.  Hypocritical I'll buy.

There's nothing in the documentation to support the idea that magickers share any common bonds, so without the notion of magicker brotherhood I don't see where people are seeing any sort of irony no matter how you define it.

It would be ironic to the average Joe who knows nothing of Armageddon.

One (someone who's unfamiliar with the schema of Arm) would expect that a state run by a Sorcerer/magicker would accept sorcerer/magickers. Instead, they are killed.

Sa'alam,

Dirr

I tend to disagree with Dirr.  I think that anyone who's grown up in either Tuluk or Nak knows that the templarate/state does whatever they want, and that as a citizen you just accept that.  As a Nakki you would be accepting and probably fearful.  As a Tuluki, you would be accepting and probably approving.

(Note: this post only reflects my personal opinions, and may not reflect the opinions of the rest of the staff)
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

In commoner's perspectives, the God-kings don't use foul magick like the others. They use their rightful powers to protect you from the evil 1337 magickers who want to pk you.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: "Bogre"In commoner's perspectives, the God-kings don't use foul magick like the others. They use their rightful powers to protect you from the evil 1337 magickers who want to pk you.

Odd, I've never seen them use their powers once. In fact, I've never actually even seen them! For all we know, it could be a major hoax set up by the templarette! My next char is so gonna further-investigate this. Lol, jk.  :wink:

Kidding?

I remember that not all that long ago a certain Sorceror King was in some sort of magickal battle that -everyone- in the known world could feel and was knocked down on their ass by.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I'm just kidding, Dan.

Quote from: "Dan"I remember that not all that long ago a certain Sorceror King was in some sort of magickal battle that -everyone- in the known world could feel and was knocked down on their ass by.

I noticed, like -everyone-, the birth-mark that this certain Sorcerer King has at his back  :wink: .
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf