Foraging idea

Started by Cuusardo, December 08, 2004, 12:47:52 PM

:idea: Make more rotted roots forageable in the game.  I've played a couple of characters that foraged for food, and maybe three times in the entire time I played them did I dig up a rotten tuber.  There are people in the game who forage their little hearts out, and they dig up WAY more than they can eat at a time.  They end up carrying all of these roots and what have you around, and they can't sell them all off because of merchant limits in the shops.  

I personally think that on a dying world with so little plant matter, some of what they dig up from the ground won't be healthy and appetizing.  This would add something, even if only a little, to the whole "harshness" thing.  I also think that it would stop people from over-foraging.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I offer the following suggestions to the poor souls encumbered by an excess of tuberage:

1)  Stop digging.

or

2)  Sell 'em to PCs who are unaffiliated with a limitless clan catering service.  "Hot pinkies!  Getcher Hot Pinkies!  Supersize it with a McMottled for only 1 sid more!"

I don't know about digging up rotters.   I just figure each time I fail to find anything edible, I'm finding rotten/nasty/unhealthy food.

If somene were selling tubers and such they foraged for,  my current pc would totally buy them.

In fact, bring them to a city far from were you foraged and sell them there - maybe they haven't seen a fresh veggie in a long time.  Who can say?

I do know that my most successful merchant got a start by buying blue fruits at one end of town and selling them for two sid more in the town square (in old tuluk), hawking them until people were annoyed enough to buy them.

It's a good business.

If you're digging more than you can eat and you're not selling them, then I agree with Cuusardo - stop digging.  Why do all that work for nothing?
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]