Stupid things you did when you were new.

Started by Anonymous, December 01, 2004, 09:07:31 PM

I'll start, here is a gaff I remembered earlier today.

> change language cavilish
> teach man cavilish
> say How about now, can you understand me?

(about 10 years ago, maybe?)

l n
Hathor's Way
n
n
n
sleep
Welcome to Armageddon

About five years ago (when I came back to the game)

think Oooo!  A pedestrian in the bazaar!

steal pedestrian
steal pedestrian
steal pedestrian
steal pedestrian
flee
w
w
Welcome to Armageddon!

(okay, so there was no "think" command.  but you get the idea)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

My first character:

Sweet!  I have backstab!  *backstab slave* *dragged to jail* *templar walks in* Meh.  *lose link*

Second character (a borsail decked out in nice silks and armors):

"Look out for any muls that need to be licensed."  *enter labyrinth* *enter screaming mantis* *tell mul I don't see a collar on you, mul.  Come with me, and we'll have you registered as a slave.*
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Note: Bleh...char names from my first three chars...long ago. I wouldnt say it's any deal that it be mentioned. Safe to say...I died to the same npc...three times in a row. Heh...I'd say thats pretty bad. Didn't learn my lessons where not to go.

Character Pinfos:

toresh (dead)

Toresh (Dracul) has been killed by the dark tattooed dwarf in room
#77228,
amen.

tauski (dead)

Tauski (Dracul) has been killed by the dark tattooed dwarf in room
#77228,
amen.

kaz (dead)

Kaz (Dracul) has been killed by the dark tattooed dwarf in room #77228,
amen.
Veteran Newbie

emote smiles at the ignorant guards as she slowly sneaks through the barracks unseen.

:oops:

Probably my worst was during a chat with a noble, where I casually mentioned that I was a pickpocket.
Also, as a newb, I had a horrible tendency to use the OOC command to critique people's roleplay (people that were quite often more experienced than I, mind you).
God, I was such a little bastard.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Walked around with sneak on until an NPC guard knocked me out (I wasn't trying to sneak past him, I was just oblivious) and someone stole all my newbie coins.

It also took me forever to figure out how to put coins in my pack and take them back out, so I walked around with all my coins in my inventory.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Looted my own corpse.  Twice.
Practiced backstab back and forth on a friend.
Sneak.  north hide north hide north hide north hide north hide...<repeat ad nauseum>
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

hmmmmm at first i thought it was hack and slash so ya think about it..............
i got into a bar fight with byners  damn it was fun smashing a chair on  that guy lol then a templar came charged me with something and told me if i want to live give me 1000 coinsi told him to make your own damn money i robbed alot of people to get this

the it said

welcome to armageddon

also i remeber the first time i had spice in the game i got it from red storm got it into allanak by luck rolled some up and as i was smoking it, then a templar came by and asked what i was doing.   not knowing it was illegal and still didn't understand the power of these templars had i did this
btw i was a pur elf
tell templar Its spice, Wana drag

he gave me a weird look and then dragged me to the arena

I've been trying to figure out, based on his writing patterns, which country killa comes from.  Sadly, I find myself stumped.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Tamarin"I've been trying to figure out, based on his writing patterns, which country killa comes from.  Sadly, I find myself stumped.

im canadian sry trying to break net language very hard

Sparring with a dwarf while not wearing a helmet.

I spent a good amount of time out cold after sparring.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

When I first started.....I used to attack nobles then make another character to do it again and again.  I used to knock out npcs/pcs and practice backstab on them. I remember getting into it with pcs with my city-elves and hiding and stealing their weapons before I attacked them.  And the list would probably go on if I thought hard enough on the subject.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I do stupid things now more than I do when I was new.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Tamarin"I've been trying to figure out, based on his writing patterns, which country killa comes from.  Sadly, I find myself stumped.

That's how he is in game, and how he has been for the last three years.  Not that that's... anything bad.  Ahem.
Back from a long retirement

I'm still having trouble with emote commands!

<insert your character's description> eyes <insert keyword>.
The stupid kank eyes red  :lol:

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I've always loved the 'rinth... though looking back over my account notes from my first few characters it would appear that Arm hadn't quite clicked with me at that stage  :wink:

Char #1 has been killed by the bulky, grim-faced man in room #77130, amen

Char #2 has been killed by an elven rogue in room #77225, amen.

Char #3 Wearing rags, killing kids in the 'rinth, 5am. Flagged Borsail. They hire anyone these days.

Char #4 Been a bad boy lately, killing 'rinthers.

Luckily Char #4 was the time Arm dropped into place with me and he went on for another 20 RL months. I don't know what I was thinking before... but it didn't go un-noticed as I found out later.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Oh, with my first "outdoor" character (8 or 9 months after I started playing), I used to often fight while mounted.   I didn't know!   That PC was solo most of the time, so it didn't dawn on me until a tribemate yelled for me to get down off my mount.   No wonder combat seemed so hard sometimes.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Oh oh, I did what Boggis did as well. Now, how did you guys get your notes from? I want to look at mine too. Probably would be something like, blatant killings in the rinth, a miracle no groups took care of him. To my defense, I add, that was my first rinthi.

Quote from: "flurry"Oh, with my first "outdoor" character (8 or 9 months after I started playing), I used to often fight while mounted.   I didn't know!   That PC was solo most of the time, so it didn't dawn on me until a tribemate yelled for me to get down off my mount.   No wonder combat seemed so hard sometimes.

You pc's butt must have been glued to the mount. What luck to survive till then. I get thrown off ever so often, heh. Hell, I have trouble fighting off my mount..

kill nessalin
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I remember the day that I woke up and finally realized that after b*tching about twinks for years that I was a huge-arsed twink myself.  

Every character I made instantly knew how to travel from Tuluk to Allanak while avoiding Gith (there were many more back in the day).

When I suddenly realized that my characters shouldn't necessarily know this route within their first few hours of game time (god knows why I felt the need to go one place to the other so soon) then I started playing the game, instead of just mudding.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Quote from: "moab"I remember the day that I woke up and finally realized that after b*tching about twinks for years that I was a huge-arsed twink myself.  

Every character I made instantly knew how to travel from Tuluk to Allanak while avoiding Gith (there were many more back in the day).

When I suddenly realized that my characters shouldn't necessarily know this route within their first few hours of game time (god knows why I felt the need to go one place to the other so soon) then I started playing the game, instead of just mudding.

You forgot moving from Nak to Tuluk in less than one day, or even in the span of only one 'time change'.

Quote from: "Anonymous"Now, how did you guys get your notes from?

Send a polite email to mud requesting your account notes.   It might take a little while (since a request like that is low priority).  When I say a little while, I mean two or three weeks.

Me (to another PC I met on Caravan Way): Hey there, do you think you can give me a tour of the city, I am new here.

Other person: What?

Me: You know, just show me around the important places?

Other person: You are asking me?

Me: Yeah, why do you ask? You seem like you could use a little fresh air and exercise no?

Other person: Hmms, very well, just this once.

Me: Follow <other person>

Me: So, what's your name mate?

Other person: Lord Rendias Borsail.

-nuff said:)
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'