Quitting while sitting/resting

Started by Delirium, December 01, 2004, 07:09:12 PM

You can sit or rest anywhere to quit? That sucks!
1. Rangers aren't special anymore!
2. It's not realistic!
3. Twinks!
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

No. You can quit while sitting or resting wherever you normally could.
Not EVERYWHERE.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Awesome! Thanks! Mad props!
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm just a n00b who's only been around about two years.  Why is quitting while sitting/resting such a big deal?

I thought the change to the weather command is much more noteworthy.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"Forgive my ignorance, I'm just a n00b who's only been around about two years.  Why is quitting while sitting/resting such a big deal?

I thought the change to the weather command is much more noteworthy.

d000d....shutup....

;)   Naa...in my opinion it's less noteworthy...and you should note it's been show. The weather got alot more feedback.

But I like this...it'll make things slicker and it always made me laugh when I had to type st before typing quit. Eh.

Good though.
Veteran Newbie

It's a big deal because all us horny mudsexers always had a tough time trying to justify standing up immediately after the throes of passion to quit out of the game. Now, we can just "scoot under the covers" and quit from the bed.

Smooth transitions always make for better fades to black.

Before:
The tired Bynner walks into the barracks and eases down onto a cot painfully.

The tired Bynner rests, on a pallet.

The tired Bynner nods to a nearby mercenary and says a few words with obvious fatigue in his voice.

The tired Bynner stretches out on his pallet, and shuts his eyes.

The tired Bynner scrambles to his feet and stands.

The tired Bynner has left the world of Armageddon.

now:

. . .The tired Bynner stretches out on his pallet, and shuts his eyes.

The tired Bynner has left the world of Armageddon.

Weather code is bad ass. This quit code addition is also bad ass. The first one makes the code more realisitc. This one makes the world more smooth.

Smooth is good.

It freaked me out the first couple times I saw it, then I was better.

I like it. Now your pc who's delerious can quit from a prone position. Is way cool.

Proxie
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

It adds more realism like Bestatte said. So it's good. But i dont see it being as pressing of an issue as other code problems. Either way, Thumbs up.
your mother is an elf.

I have to admit... I -have- been quitting while sitting/resting more often than I've been using the new weather command.

I use both quite frequently...
Weather out
say "Damn there's a storm!"
Emote walks over to a table
sit at table
say "Hey! Get me a few beers going I'm stuck here all night!"
Quit
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict