So, have you ever stopped playing ARM to return later?

Started by Dentrik, November 27, 2004, 06:46:00 PM

Currently, I'm on a fairly long break from Arm, which has lasted since I began my first year of college near the end of August.  It was hard at first, and still is to some degree, but the workload I have is enough to keep me off the game.  So, I resign myself to just cruise the boards daily, skimming most of the more interesting posts.  That makes it easier living without Arm, at least for a little while.

I took off months here and there when travelling around the world for a year and would log on again when settling in a place for a while just to check in and catch up for a bit before moving on again. I've logged on to Arm from a wide variety of places from huts overlooking the sea in SE Asia to cafes at the base of Machu Picchu.

Travelling was good though to get a better feel for what it would be like living in IG locations... the salt flats anyone (if the sky was redder)?

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cianphotos/detail?.dir=7489&.dnm=2de3.jpg&.src=ph
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

Nice picture Boggis! Sounds like you'd had an interesting time!

I played for a  year and a half in 98-99.. went to college.. logged in sparsely from there, got killed off.. came back sometime mid-last year.. so.. I took a good.. 3 year break.  :wink:
he love that you have found is the love that you can never find, because it's the love that is never able to be found.

Yes, I have.  I've been playing this game since 1992.  On 3 occasions I have stopped playing for a long time, then come back later.  Once for about 6 months, once for about a year, and once for about 1.5 years.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Last week.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Took probably 3-4 6-18 month breaks over about 10 years... oh and a one month break just now for being overseas + 3 weeks so far on an overdue project...

Ya, I quit bigtime when I had a girlfriend. But when she dumped me, I came a crawlin' right back.  :twisted:

Damn Game Damn Game Damn Game!

I vowed to not come back...

it only lasted for 8 months...and 2 or 3 before the month I actually quit.

Now I've been playing for about a month...mleh, what can you say?
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

I've gone from the GDB for a week at a time, maybe a little longer away from the game itself.  Though at times it is a struggle to log on for a token 20 minutes here and there.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins