sandstorm code

Started by jstorrie, November 25, 2004, 05:46:44 AM

Is there a way to peek out a city's gates to see if there's a sandstorm without going outside, getting caught in the storm and getting lost trying to get back inside? It seems a bit silly that my character can't step outside for a look without risk of ending up somewhere on the other side of the Tablelands.

I don't think its possible to see if it is storming in other rooms. I'd just use the "weather" command myself. If the weather is bad at the city gates then I would presume that it is probably bad just outside the gates too. Also, the conditions would likely be worse outside than at the gates as there are no high walls to keep out some of the winds, sand, etc.

Yeah, 'weather' doesn't cut it.

You can go from 'clear sky' on one side of the gates to 'fierce storm' on the other.

I'd say, at the absolute minimum, that the room immediately beyond any city gate should allow a non-ranger to return to the city if it ends up being a stormy day out there. Kinda like a "no-save off" flag on the room itself, where the PC will never fail to return back if he types in the direction he came from.

Rather than special-casing all sorts of rooms, I have added functionality to the weather command:

>weather
It is a warm day.
Gritty sand blows in from the the south, piling in small dunes.
Jihae, the red moon, is high in the sky.

>weather s
Peering into the next room...
It is a warm day.
A harsh sandstorm from the the south fills the air with whirling sand and dust.
Jihae, the red moon, is high in the sky.

This will be in with the next crash/downtime.

Cheers,

You can also do "weather out" to look outside of a wagon.

Quote from: "Xygax"Rather than special-casing all sorts of rooms, I have added functionality to the weather command

Bam... mo money, mo money, mo money...

Xygax! I love you.. If I was an 18-year-old cute girl, I would entertain you.

Edited to correct the name...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Wow, Xygax. You rule. We've been after that for sometime and for you to just come along and say "oh, sorry about that. Here you go" totally rocks :)

I think we can all agree that Xygax is utterly sexified.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Forget a Tektolnes plushie, I want one of Xygax.

Man, Xygax, you're so awesome man, in turn, you can slay my character once, if you can find them.   :P

-Please notify that Xygax is allowed to kill any one character made and accepted to the account of: 'Rhyden'. This notice is only applicable once. Xygax may do so in any fashion he finds appropriate, or not appropriate.  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

OMG, Xygax, thanks that was awesome.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin