Tavern Food

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, November 25, 2004, 12:25:20 AM

Has anyone else ever found tavern food to be rather silly and Earth-like? I have seen buffalo wing-like items, items with "pasta" and "kebob" right in their sdesc... is there a reason these foods are still around? Am I the only one that finds them silly?
And why hasn't there been an erdlu-wing eating contest with an all-you-can-eat tuber bar? I demand to know!
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I can't stand Chocolate Ig. How does it not melt?
I've seen pineapple in a description once.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I miss coffee from the Tan Muark. Who cares there aren't any coffee trees in the known world? I still miss it, damnit!

You can typo or bug these ideas in-game if they are too jarring.  We may or may not agree with you, but we'll take it under consideration. :)
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

According to the Current Projects Blog, Raesanos is looking for stuff like this ("Things that don't fit in the game world").  You might want to send a list that way.
Ah, the mysteries of the universe.  Try to understand them, but can you?  Nope! They're mysteries!

You know what I find jarring?  Pre-tasted food in taverns!  I've bugged, typoed, or ideaed (I can't remember which, maybe all three) a half-eaten item that has been for sale in a particular tavern for at least a RL month or two.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"You know what I find jarring?  Pre-tasted food in taverns!  I've bugged, typoed, or ideaed (I can't remember which, maybe all three) a half-eaten item that has been for sale in a particular tavern for at least a RL month or two.

This isn't jarring at all. Tavern keepers would sell anything to make sids, and half eaten food shouldn't be a problem with the typical Zalanthan. It -is- a harsh world!
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: "Manhattan"
Quote from: "Cuusardo"You know what I find jarring?  Pre-tasted food in taverns!  I've bugged, typoed, or ideaed (I can't remember which, maybe all three) a half-eaten item that has been for sale in a particular tavern for at least a RL month or two.

This isn't jarring at all. Tavern keepers would sell anything to make sids, and half eaten food shouldn't be a problem with the typical Zalanthan. It -is- a harsh world!

Not in the high-class taverns they wouldn't, especially if they are charging the same price that they were previously charging for the whole thing.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Hmm, I think this would make a great RP opportunity. If you're playing a Noble, you should yell at the tavern-keeper and threaten to have him executed. Outrageous!
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: "Xanous"According to the Current Projects Blog, Raesanos is looking for stuff like this ("Things that don't fit in the game world").  You might want to send a list that way.

Yes, pineapples and buffalo wings are a good example of things I'd like to hear about.

My personal favorites are gizhat tongues and temboeye soup! (Hope this isn't too ic info  :? )

I like erdlu-wings.. Please don't take them away. I will be so sad..  :cry:

One of my PC's ate nothing but erdlu-wings.

Quote from: "Cuusardo"You know what I find jarring?  Pre-tasted food in taverns!  

Yeah, what is the deal with this?? you should not be allowed to sell back half-eaten food. It's also really bad RP from who ever is doing it cause it's an abuse of code. Do you honestly think that the dinning room is going to buy back the food they just sold you?

Who is going to buy a half-eaten sausage??
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

It was explained to me that it was a noble doing this.  The rational was that anything she touched should be considered something the rest of the populace would fight over.  Like a guitar pick from a rock star.  A type of memento.

Good RP should require the commoners to instantly engage in a fierce bidding war for the honor of acquiring that relic sausage.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Kinda like the Mary grilled cheese..  :roll:
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Hey, if Brittany Spears' gum can sell on ebay...

I honestly don't think that many people would fight over a half-eaten food though.  Unless, of coarse, it was much cheaper than the full one.   But, since it was  a noble selling it as a suvenier, I don't think it was much cheaper. More expensive, if anything.  Besides, even though nobles are rich, it doesn't make them popular.  

No one would buy Lee Iococa's half eaten french toast from a diner, but I bet you could find someone to take Snoopdog's half eaten toast.  Then, that person would instantly retreat to his mom's basement and talk to his homies on MSN while combing his large red afro.
i] Sarge's Lifting Advice:[/i] Don't lift with your legs. Your back's the strongest muscle in your body! And look man, your knees aren't even locked. How do you expect to stand up straight? Put your groin into it!