The Unknown World

Started by Tamarin, November 22, 2004, 10:37:28 AM

Quote from: "Anonymous"If you go west for awhile you'll come to some cliffs with a plataeu in the middle and on top of that will be the Statue of Liberty. :que twilight zone music:

You fekking idiot...

...you have to go east.
Veteran Newbie

*falls to his knees*

"Noooooooo!"

Area 51 ...

Heh, I think its just that the imms are thinking up what to do -secretly- and not letting us in on it, you might hit a huge cliff you can't get over or a huge drop off, maybe an ocean, something out of the ordinary until they get those rooms made.. I dunno though, it says they're well over 10k rooms.. so you never know..
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

I wonder we are able to go to "Unknown World"? People who knows tablelands well will understand me. Is there anyway? I am not asking coordination or route. I am seeking "Yes" or "No". There was a discussion about wheter or not "Unknown World" is coded. Now, I am really curious about most west. Is it coded?
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

Try to get there and find out?

Quote from: "Cavus"I wonder we are able to go to "Unknown World"? People who knows tablelands well will understand me. Is there anyway? I am not asking coordination or route. I am seeking "Yes" or "No". There was a discussion about wheter or not "Unknown World" is coded. Now, I am really curious about most west. Is it coded?

Hehe.. The unknown world is different for each PC and each player.  For most of us, the world is totally unknown since we know of a couple areas as players. With your post players learned a part of unknown world called tablelands, is coded.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Yes, there are coded areas that are not part of what is commonly refered to as the known world.  Eventually you always hit a barrier, because obviously no one has written up the billions of rooms needed for an entire world.  So simply going north, east, south or west won't get you to anywhere really different from the known world.  If you want to see something unusual, I believe you first have to battle your way through the Smurf village, which is thought to be located somewhere under the Allanak bazaar.

Good luck!

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I hear that to the far north is Midgaard, and you can gain levels there.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I liked the underwater theme park beneath the silt on the sea.

I heard that beond the silt sea there is a land full of hot F-me's, something like Ninety of them, and they are all Virgins.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Quote from: "Delirium"Try to get there and find out?

Most west of "known world", yes.
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

I'm surprised nobody has tried this.. Load up an argosy with tons of food and water, grab about ten people and take off, see what you find..
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: "cyberpatrol_735"I'm surprised nobody has tried this.. Load up an argosy with tons of food and water, grab about ten people and take off, see what you find..

1) It probably has been tried.

2) People who own argosies have no need for the riches beyond the edges of the Known world.

QuoteI'm surprised nobody has tried this.. Load up an argosy with tons of food and water, grab about ten people and take off, see what you find..

Argosy + Mountain.... not a viable equation.

Argosy + silt sea... also... not too great.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I start to believe that, it is not coded, and unknown world is only our dream/fantasy world. Can we get an Imm response at this post? Are we dreaming, or is it really possible to find out a way to west of tablelands, north of grasslands, east of salt flats and red desert, south of salt flats and silt sea?

Cavus, I think what people are trying to say, is that IF such things are coded, then they're probably somehow hidden, or intentionally unknown. And as such, it wouldn't be appropriate to give any answers here on the GDB, since that would be divulging IC info.

I can tell you, however, that I have been to some pretty unusual places that I didn't know about previously. Whether they are within the "Known World" or the "Unknown World" I honestly have no idea, and I wouldn't tell you even if I knew :)

The best way to find out, is to explore in the game. If it turns out you end up at a dead end, at least you've had fun on the way.

Quote from: "Delirium"I liked the underwater theme park beneath the silt on the sea.

Yes, that park is one of the best places in Zalanthas that you can visit for free :). If you get bored then I suggest you try it. It solves all of your problems at once.
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
---------------------------
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Yes, I can say that I know at least some part outside the known world is coded.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

Quote from: "Malifaxis"
QuoteI'm surprised nobody has tried this.. Load up an argosy with tons of food and water, grab about ten people and take off, see what you find..

Argosy + Mountain.... not a viable equation.

Argosy + silt sea... also... not too great.

You forgot one.

Argosy + Endless Drop.... Kinda messy.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I'd love to witness an Argosy pulled by a team of Meks being attacked by a few hungery Gajaks!  Great Utep but that would be chaos!
-Yellowcactus

Oh...as for the Unknown world, that's a bit subjective.  Ask a Desert elf about the 'known world' and you'll get a very different answer than that of a "rinth' dweller or some Fale lord.  In some respects, places like Red Storm and Luirs are colonial powers to me.  They're independent, but without a steady flow of fresh blood from the cities, those institutions might find theyre' citizens mortality rate is too high to sustain themselves.

I tried exploring once. Got et by big hungry things, and I didn't see anything interestin' beyond some rock formations. Probably I didn't go far enough. Maybe one of these days I will reclaim the unknown lands, and I will play checkers with Muk Utep while the mantis maidens dance by the light of the bone-fire.

A fella can dream, can't he?

Reminds me of this cool, well-played half-elf I met in the gaj once. He said something to this effect; "There's a road that goes east from the gates, right? There's gotta be something out there, probably across the salt flats...". Poor halfbreed bugger's bones're prolly in a heap of dried mekillot dung out on the flats as we speak.

Of course, there will always be no shortage of explorers. Krath bless those adventurers, for if they didn't go out and keep the nasties fed, the critters might come into the cities.
he stories are woven
and fortunes are told
The truth is measured by the weight of your gold
The magic lies scattered
on rugs on the ground
Faith is conjured in the night market's sound

That's a quite optimistic view, Uglyhead.