Anyone Having Language difficulties?

Started by Krath, November 22, 2004, 10:01:38 AM

Ok, I am playing a Human PC, and can not understand Sirihish...Is anyone else having
this problem? Or is it just me?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

It was game-wide last night after a crash.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

A mass communication problem on Zalanthas?  hahahahaha...
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

It seems to affect all languages, system-wide.  It does not affect OOC communications or psi-.

It is either a new feature of the language code or a bug.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I posted a note asking about this on the coder's board but, to the best of my knowledge, no changes to the language code have been made recently.  It may be a result of some other change.

Damn mind-benders at work again shifting our perceptions so that we can't even communicate, simply diabolical :twisted:
nce an arm junkie, always an arm junkie!!

Would it be inappropriate to s peak in all caps until this is fixed?
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Probably your particular character's language skills are just wonky.  Have you tried wishing up for assistance?

QuoteProbably your particular character's language skills are just wonky. Have you tried wishing up for assistance?

I know of four PCs, including myself, that couldn't understand each other in our native tongues last night... doesn't sound isolated to me.
Amor Fati

Actually, I lied.  This is a bug in what looks like some experimental code.  I'll remove it for now (look for a reboot shortly.)

How dreadfully rude. I sincerely hope someone pokes that man in the eye.

Interesting.. I was finally understanding that kank.
l armageddon รจ la mia aggiunta.

Yeah, I thought I was having a language problem too. Then I realized I was talking to my brother in an entirely different language.

No wonder he couldn't understand me. I be mo'RON!
 was, am, and always will be. That which dwells under the cast shadows; my Heart of Darkness.

Who erected the Armageddon Tower of Babbel?
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Word is that this has been fixed.
i]May the fleas of a thousand kanks nestle in your armpit.  -DustMight[/i]

The sjanimal says in an unfamiliar tongue

"Wiod dl yas mkhg tssew iv a liounewre pdlsawm?"
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin